Chapter 47 - Beast God of Mischief

After spending an unknown amount of time of traveling somewhere in the Clouded Mist, Xu Xian told Can that the two of them will rest for a bit. Since his new companion was tired, it was better to let him rest.

"No, I'm okay. We can keep on going," Can said as he was huffing.

Although Can was reluctant to rest due to his determination to get to their destination as soon as possible, his body did not listen. The moment he stopped moving, his body that was covered with sweat and dirt somehow felt heavy which forced him to sit down.

Seeing that Can looked determined to still continue to move despite how exhausted he was to the point that he was about to collapse, Xu Xian insisted on making him rest.

"I know you want to get to our destination as soon as possible, but it would be useless if you're dead when we get there. You have to take care of yourself. We still have a long way to go," Xu Xian said with a smile while sitting down.

Can could only sigh as he nodded towards Xu Xian. Since there was no spiritual energy flowing in the Clouded Mist, it was quite easy for him to get more tired than usual. Meanwhile, Xu Xian seemed not to be tired at all. Is this one of the immortal's powers?

While wiping the sweat on his face, he took out food and water from his storage ring. It was a good thing that his master gave him a lot of food for this trip, although the amount of food that he gave him could last for 3 years. Isn't this a little bit too much master?

Sticking the torch to the ground, Xu Xian faced Can when he saw him taking out food. Even though he is an immortal who does not require basic human necessities, it did not mean that he disliked food. So the moment he saw food, he started salivating as his Adam's apple moved up and down. He wanted to try Can's food, but he felt guilty since he did not want to reduce his (Can) ration of food.

Immediately, when Can noticed the intense look in the eyes of his immortal companion on his food, he offered him a simple fried chicken with ketchup from his hands.

"Xu Xian, here try some," Can said as he handed his fried chicken to Xu Xian.

"I-It's ok, Can. Since I'm already an immortal, I don't have to eat or drink at all," Xu Xian explained. Still, the expression on his face deceived his words.

"I have a lot of food in my storage ring, I don't mind sharing. Please take it," Can insisted.

Finally, Xu Xian did not resist and took Can's fried chicken.

"Ish dericious. Thangs Can!" ("It's delicious. Thanks, Can!")

Can chuckled as he said, "No problem."

Suddenly, Can remembered that scene when his family ate breakfast with Tin. He definitely remembered when Tin ate an entire plate of ham and cheese hot pockets. This particular memory was truly precious to Can. He wished he could just go back in time and experienced it once again.

"Remembering someone?" Xu Xian asked while chewing the bones of the fried chicken.

Can faced him as he nodded. He suddenly felt sad. He missed his loved ones already.

"You'll be with them. Don't worry." Xu Xian reassured as he gave a thumbs up to his little companion.

Can returned to his spirited attitude as he continued to eat his food. I will surely return home!

Soon, the two talked to one another and got to know each other more. Can found out that Xu Xian was born in China. Growing up in a powerful and renowned family of beast summoners, he was considered as a prodigy in the country. Still, he was pushed by his family to become stronger so they encouraged him to train. Due to the strictness and the pressure given by his family, he felt isolated. It was only during special events where he could interact with others, but even then, everyone feared him. Those who were close to him just wanted to use him for selfish gains. In reality, despite being given so much attention and admiration from people, he was unhappy with his life.