Chapter 26 - Trial

(unedited)

In the bathroom, Can just received a phone call earlier from her mom.

"Cantaloupe, our house is infested with termites! It will take two days to remove them by pest control. I already asked Tin earlier if you could stay in his house for two days. He already said yes," Can's mother said in a faked panicked state.

"Y-you already asked Tin without consulting me first!? Where are you staying then? How about Ley? I should stay with you!" Can worriedly asked. He wondered how their house became infested by termites in one day. He never saw a single termite in the house earlier in the morning. Probably he was not paying attention at all because of the competition that is why he did not notice? That must be the reason.

"Don't worry about us we are fine, just stay there for now. Be a good kid and don't make any trouble for Tin. Got it?" she continued talking in a more calmer tone.

"How about my clothes and other personal items?" Can asked nervously.

"They will be sent there in a bit, so relax," his mom replied.

"O-okay. Then take care mom. Also, tell Ley to take care too. If you need me with anything, just call me," Can answered. Since her mom already took the time to ask Tin for him to stay, then he might as well stay.

While talking to her mother, he heard someone else's voice on the other side of the phone.

"Ma'am, would you like some more green tea?" the unknown voice of a polite lady said.

"Who is that?" Can curiously asked as his eyebrows furrowed a bit.

Her mom immediately panicked and made up a scene on the spot.

"Can, what? I-I can't hear you. There-the reception here... b-bad. I'll..later....bye..." Can's mother immediately ended the call.

She took a deep breath and faced the Japanese server who was holding a teapot full of expensive green tea infused with other herbs. She was lying in a massage bed faced down while being continuously massaged by a great big masseuse.

"Yes, more tea for me please," she said as she smiled while her face was covered with an exclusive herbal face mask.

Her daughter who was also lying in a massage bed next to her was sipping her hot green tea.

"Mom, do you think we could still extend our stay here? I don't want to leave this place," as she pats the face mask on her face.

Her mom could only sigh.

"Even if we want to, we can't. Just enjoy it as much as we can for two days. Also, don't worry about Can too much. He's going to be fine. Tin will take care of him." her mom said as she lets out a satisfying breath from being massaged from the back.

"I'm not really worried," Ley said as she continued to pat the face mask on her face.

"You're really a brat to your brother," her mom blurted.

"I got it from you," Ley sarcastically said.

The two stared at one another and laughed as they continued to sip their tea.

Meanwhile, Can who just went out from the bathroom felt goosebumps as he once again sneezed. Why does he feel that a lot of people are talking behind his back today? Or is he getting sick?

Can proceeded to go to the kitchen and wait for Tin to finish his conversation with his grandfather. When he finally arrived at the kitchen, he was surprised to see that Tin was already in one of the seats near the dinner table staring into space and in deep thoughts. Initially, Can thought that Tin's conversation with his grandfather would be longer since it has been a long time when they last saw one another. He guessed they were probably done already.