Chapter 42 - The Team Becomes Divided

(unedited)

Hidden by the tall bushes, team Thailand was discussing their plan on what to do with the injured beast.

Having sharp senses, Bacsojin was able to determine that there was another team that would like to cause her harm and attempt to take the precious resources surrounding the river. She knew that these people came here only for that reason. This is why she hated all of them. They want to take what is not theirs, but she would not let them achieve what they wanted that easily.

Bacsojin stopped crying as she suppressed her emotions.

He will return. One day, he will surely return to me. 

This thought was the only thing that motivates her to continue to live and to persists in protecting this area from beast summoners. She wanted to make sure that when he returns, this area would be the same as before. As long as she kept those beast summoners away from coming here, this area will remain the same.

With a little bit of strength that she still had, she shakily stood up. With her injured shoulder giving her constant stinging pain, Bacsojin could only hiss while the blood continues to flow. If this continues, then she would die from losing too much blood. However, she would not be able to tend to her wounds since she might have to fight another team that just intruded in this area. It was most likely she would die this time.

To be honest,  looking at her situation right now, she thought that it would probably be better if she dies right now, so she does not have to feel the pain and loneliness anymore. Dying would not be such a bad thing compared to clinging to a hopeless dream. Yet, thinking how far she had been protecting this place, she decided that she would continue defending it.

Hardening her heart once again, she thought that she still should not give up and not let these pests take everything as they please. If she dies, then so be it! She would die defending what is quite precious to her and she would not regret it! She would do this over and over again if given another chance in life.

With strong determination, she bravely shouted while breathing heavily, "Go on! I dare you steal everything from me and I'll promise you that you'll meet your creator from the other side!"

The members of team Thailand knew that they were found out, but they were not too worried about Bacsojin fighting back. Looking at her situation, she was already weakened.

Quickly, everyone summoned their contracted beasts.

"We should finish her quickly since she's already weakened," Trump quickly said with an evil smile.

Almost half of the members agreed with him which made Trump felt happy since he thought that he had some actual authority. While the other members were continuing to discuss their next step, Ae was thinking about the benefits and consequences of killing Bacsojin. Just like what most of his members were thinking, Ae also thought that the benefits outweigh the consequences.

The female guardian just sneered at the beast summoners in front of her. Those looks on their faces were quite familiar. Just like the other teams before them, they were also full of greed and malice. Nothing has changed, these people were all the same. It was only her lover who was the exception.

"We should help her," Can declared as he interrupted the discussion of the other members. Everyone was surprised including Bacsojin. His teammates thought why they should save a beast that killed two teams mercilessly? They initially thought that Can was only joking.

Bacsojin, on the other hand, felt sudden chills on her body. Those words that the little beast summoner said were very familiar. Where did she hear it before?