Chapter 10 - Gone

"CANTALOUPE! Where were you yesterday?! Why weren't you answering your phone?" Ley asked as she examined her brother while her arms crossed. She has been trying to text and call Can since the afternoon of yesterday, but he never answered. She had to cover him from their mother when she asked about his whereabouts.

"I was with a friend studying for an exam. My phone died and I forgot my charger....mom," Can said as he tried to act normal while being sarcastic. Knowing that his sister likes to pry on other people's business, he had to act like the incident yesterday didn't happen.

"Is that so...." Ley said as her brows furrowed as she approached her older brother.

She noticed his brother's brand new and expensive clothing that seemed to be a bit long for his size. She then noticed one of Can's wrist that seemed to be bruised. As a fujoshi, only one thing came to her mind as she tried to connect the dots and it made her heart race.

Her eyes and mouth widened from the sudden conclusion of her imagination as astonishment took over.

"Ca-Can, I didn't know you were in that kind of relationship, I'm sorry..." Ley said as she hugged her brother.

"Wha-what are you talking about?" Can confusedly asked as he let go Gucci and his uniform from his grasp.

The little beast summoner then pulled away from his sister's hug.

Ley patted her older brother's shoulder to give him a sort of encouragement and support, "You don't have to hide it from me, Can. I understand."

Can just furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her sister.

"You went to your sugar daddy am I right? You wanted new and expensive things since you didn't want to burden our caring and loving mother and borrow money from me. That bruise on your wrist, I'm pretty sure your sugar daddy is a sadistic person. Just thinking about-"

Before Ley could even finish her dramatic narration, Can covered her mouth with both of his hands as his face reddened from the embarrassment.

Can looked at her sister saying, "LEY! Stop imagining things! It wasn't like that at all. I went to Pete's house with some friends. I fell on a muddy ground on the way there. Pete helped me and he was nice enough to let me borrow some of his clothes. I was playing with Gucci on my way back and I accidentally hit my wrist that's why it got bruised! Stop saying nonsense already!"

Lay suddenly lost the spark in her eyes and interest in his brother's business.

"Ohh..You should've told me earlier that you were with Pete. What a waste of time," Ley said as she clicked her tongue.

"YOU!!"

"Anyways, Techno texted me this morning and asked me about you. He wants to know if you want to go train with him and the others. Aren't you stuck at Orange Grade Mid-Level? You should take this opportunity to level up to Gray High Level. The competition is in less than two weeks you know."

"O-okay. I'll meet them later since I'm going to the university before noon. Thanks, Ley."

"Yeah, yeah. By the way, you owe me since I covered for you yesterday," Ley said as she went upstairs.

"Huh? O-okay." Can could only sigh. He was thankful that his little sister didn't make their mother worry about him, but now he owes her once more.

The little beast summoner went straight to the bathroom to take a bath and change. Afterwards, he went back to his own bedroom. As he closed the door, he immediately checked his spiritual energy level and was shocked at what he found. His spiritual energy didn't only completely recovered, but it seemed that the capacity of holding this energy expanded.