Chapter 127 - Marco's Resolution

A white smile. A grinning wide smile from the human mist. Maririn was sure that it was the cursed black mist. It was Athena's revenge against her own people.

The traitor's sacrifice.

It was behind her brother waiting and mocking. Challenging her.

The black mist in a form of a man has its hands behind its back. Was it truly the cursed mist that the gods feared? Has it already have its brother under its curse? Does she even understand how the curse works?

Her focus on the black mist was quite intense that she did not even realize that she was stabbed and that she was bleeding from it. It was not a terrible wound since her opponent was below her level. It was nothing but a mere scratch.

The 1st clone of Can stopped from his tracks when he saw that his attack did not do much even though he put a quarter of his overall spiritual energy into his it. He quickly retreated a good pace away. This person was certainly on a different level. She did not seem to be bothered as she just stood in mid-air.

She did not look at him. It was as if he was insignificant. A passing wind. Noting. Invisible.

Still, that did not stop him from attacking. If a quarter of strength was not enough, then he would be using almost all of his spiritual energy. He quickly collected his remaining spiritual energy into one offensive attack. He could die from this attack, but this was his only opportunity. While this woman was distracted, he would kill her.

As the spiritual energy flowed from his body into his lance, his surroundings seemed to vibrate. The intensity was immense like a mountain about to break. The lance felt heavy in his arms due to the amount of spiritual energy he infused it with. It was also due to the fact that almost all of his spiritual energy within his body was gone.

He must act now while he has a chance.

Taking a deep breath as beads of sweat fell from his forehead, he leaned back and stretched his right hand behind him that was holding the lance to gain momentum. Like an arrow released from its bow, he threw his lance to his target. It was as fast as lightning with a force so destructive that it could shatter any landscape. It was so fast that even he could not even track it.

"For my brother," he said.

The lance hit its target. It did not miss, but it did not kill.

Eyes widening, the first clone could only whisper, "Impossible..."

The girl with the red hair has her left hand extended. She was gripping the pointy end of the lance with it. The power and force of the lance that was imbued with most of the first clone's spiritual energy were still raging. Yet, even if this was the case, Maririn was holding it like it was some kind of toy.

As soon as it was held, she then easily redirected it away from her. Like a passing wind. Harmless. Nothing but a mere breeze.

When the lance was redirected, it landed in one of the mountains. Its thunderous intense strike caused the mountain to be flattened. All of the creatures living on it were now ashes.

The first clone was unable to speak. He was shocked. Just what kind of monster was she?

The fatigue finally sat inside him. As the last drop of his strength disappeared, he fell to the ground. He was conscious but he did not have the strength to get back up. It was only thanks to his will that he was still awake.

Tears fell from his eyes. He failed his brother. He failed to avenge him. They were mere flies to a predator.

"I'm sorry...," he whispered.