Chapter 39 - True Leader

(unedited)

Earlier when team Thailand engaged in fighting with Flora in the deeper parts of the forest, an enemy team that was not too far away from their location sensed them. This foreign team from the Philippines followed and observed the battle from a safe distance as its members waited for a perfect opportunity to attack. 

Specializing in reconnaissance, assassination, and concealment skills, team Philippines managed to get ahead of everyone with ease in the beginning. Just like team Thailand, this team would also like to get resources from the river located at this mountain. According to the intelligence that they have gathered before coming to this dimension, there was an ancient blue gemstone in the river that could be used to summon a legendary water elemental beast.

  According to the intelligence that they have gathered before coming to this dimension, there was an ancient blue gemstone in the river that could be used to summon a legendary water elemental beast

(A/N: You already know where this is :) Ragnarok Online)

Although team Philippines was great with reconnaissance and concealment skills, the team lacked strength. The leader, who was the most powerful one in this team, only had a High Epic grade contracted beast. The rest of his teammates had a mix of Epic and Rare grade beasts. This was the reason why they would like to attain the ancient gemstone from the river.

Coincidentally, on their way to the river, they learned about team Thailand's presence in the forest. Team Philippines could not fight them directly since they knew there was a huge gap of strength between their teams. Thankfully, the legendary beast Flora seemed to notice the powerful presence of team Thailand and decided to attack them. Knowing the capabilities of the legendary beast, the leader of the Philippines team concluded that even if team Thailand managed to destroy Flora, the damage to their team would not be small. 

Right after the battle between the two sides, team Philippines would immediately seized this opportunity to finish off the entire team as soon as possible. They were confident that they would be able to defeat them, so they did not decide to hide themselves further from team Thailand.

Can and his teammates, who believed that they were safe, would now have to face another threat. How could they be so unlucky!

Most of the members of team Thailand were injured and exhausted. Can just also used all of his spiritual energy. Unfortunately, it would take some time for him to regain enough spiritual energy to fight his enemies. Ae and the others have still not arrived and their current situation turned for the worse.

"Your team did a great job at defeating this legendary beast," the team captain of the Philippines team said as he smiled while applauding them. Meanwhile, one of his teammates took the Seed of Flora on the ground and examined it.

Pannin clicked her tongue. It was easy to tell that these people were hiding and waiting for an opportunity to attack them. They are a bunch of cowards!

A short-haired female member of the Phillippines team heard Panin's insulting gesture.

"You b*tch! Where are your manners?" the irritated short-haired girl said.