Chapter 66 - True Nature

[unedited]

"Y-you know?" Pond expressed shock as he stuttered.

Can nodded, "Yes."

Looking into his master's eyes, Pond asked while tears were still flowing, "Why didn't you say or do anything?"

"I wanted to hear it directly from you," Can whispered as he petted Pond's head gently with a faint smile.

"Pond, since you were born, you were only taught cruelty and hatred from others around you. Those who were supposed to protect and love you have abandoned you instead," Can paused suddenly as he reminisced the words and the pictures that the First Beast Summoner showed him about Pond's life as he continued with such care, "You, being deprived of such warmth and care from others..... have learned that in this life, there was only evil. And so, you became as such. Hateful and cruel."

As he cried harder, there were hiccups as Pond talked weakly, "Why then....w-why then forgive me for my crime?"

Taking a deep breath so that he would not break down, Can answered, "I understood your position after getting a glimpse of your life. When you manipulated people and other creatures back in the Beast Gods' Dimension, you did what you had to do to survive. Selfishness was your only choice and savior. I couldn't blame you for your actions."

His lips shook slightly as he continued, "Although I'm not certain why you had to receive such treatment when you were born, Pond, I know that deep inside you, there's goodness in it. That I'm certain."

"Do I re-really?" Pond asked as he wanted reassurance.

Can nodded as he replied, "Yes," with a quick pause he said with a genuine smile, "Pond, I forgive you."

As if he received a second chance in life, his teary eyes widened as his lips trembled uncontrollably due to disbelief. He hugged Can tightly. During that moment, he did not say anything because he was too overwhelmed with a mixture of emotions. Mostly, of course, from happiness.

Can just silently comforted Pond. He was satisfied that he was able to change Pond and accomplish what the First Beast Summoner has wished.

After some time, Pond asked, "How about Ae...and the others?"

Can replied facing Pond, "I'll let you decide. Whether you tell them or not is up to you."

Can did not want to pressure Pond to tell the truth to everyone immediately. He knew that Pond would not run away from the truth anymore. He just needed to find the right moment to confess.

"Thank you, Can," Pond said with a wide smile on his face. Suddenly, the heavy feeling that he felt became lessened. It felt liberating. Although there were still fragments of guilt and regret, they were not to the point where they were overwhelming. He thought to himself that he must find a way to remove the rest of these feelings and burden soon.

Before the two came back inside the hospital, Pond looked at himself in the mirror from his storage ring. Seeing that his eyes were a little swollen, he quickly wore his red-toned glasses. He did care about his appearance as a bad boy star after all.

"Let's go back?" Can asked as he stood up.

Taking a deep breath and smiling, Pond nodded. "Yes."

The two left the grassy area of the back of the hospital and went inside to be with the others.

When they came back, the people inside Ae's room were already eating.

"Pond! Can! Come and eat. Xu Xian and Bacsojin ordered a lot of food. They even got a discount," Mrs. Rathavit twirled from the happiness that she felt. Being surrounded by gorgeous and amazing people gives her so much joy. Ley acted the same way just like her mother. Even though the duo did things that were not considered embarrassing by others, Can could not help it but feel the embarrassment instead.