Chapter 19 - Taste of Blood

(unedited)

As promised, here's the next chapter.

==========

Ktullanux is an ice elemental beast that is under the lower hierarchy of the Epic tier. Since Valkyrie is a mixture of holy and fire elements, she is weak against ice elemental attacks. So even though Ktullanux is not that strong, it could still cause a potent damage against Valkyrie which is why Pannin decided to summon the Ice Titan. Immediately after summoning Ktullanux, Pannin commanded it to use its most powerful attack.

"Ice Beam!"

When Ktullanux opened its mouth, its surrounding small area froze. It then started to screech loudly that the entire audience of the coliseum could hear it. They hated its annoying loud voice. After the Ice Titan's screech, a light-blue orb light was formed inside its mouth that then released a continuous stream of strong beam towards the defensive dome. Now with the combined power of three summoned beasts, the rate of speed of the cracks appearing was now faster than the rate of speed of repairing the defensive dome. Soon, the cracks have become bigger; Can could not keep up anymore.

"Finishing Blow"

With his two deadly swords, Naght Sieger leaned forward as he lunged with great power which caused the defensive dome of Valkyrie to shatter into pieces.

As soon as the dome was destroyed, the Valkyrie has no choice but to fight. It would be a three-against-one battle. By the looks of it, Can was losing.

Valkyrie valiantly flew forward to fight her enemies. But being outnumbered and overpowered, she was slowly losing the fight as she weakens. While Valkyrie was getting distracted as she attacks and defends against three beasts, Pannin was already rushing towards Can. With the help of her red cape, she used its ability which is invisibility to sneak behind Can.

"Magic Crush!"

Pannin's magic spell destroyed the already small weak defensive barrier that covered Can. After Can's last defense barrier was destroyed, Pannin punched him in the face. Can was unable to react quickly, so he was met with a painful punch. Immediately, Can fell on the ground. His left cheek was red; His mouth started to bleed.

The entire audience was shocked. It seemed that there would be a new rank 8th sooner. The people who were shocked the most were those who were close to Can. Ae and Pete could not believe what was happening. They could see their friend getting hurt, but they could not do anything. It hurts just looking at him. For Tin who was the most affected, he was filled with anger, sadness, pain, and powerlessness. The only thing that he could do is just to believe in Can. He curled his fingers to form a fist as it shook in anger. Anyone who hurts Can would not be left unscathed. He would remember her and make her pay for what she did.

On the battlefield, Pannin observed the little beast summoner who was on the ground in front of her.

"So this is the kind of person he chose?" Pannin mocked.

Can tried to stand up but he was kicked in the stomach by his opponent that caused him to fall once more on the ground. While lying on his stomach, he started to groan in pain as he wheezed. 

"You're pretty weak. You don't deserve him," she continued as she stepped on Can's back firmly with her red high heels.

"What ar- are you talking about?" Can asked as he bit his lips while enduring the pain.

"Don't act innocent! YIELD!" Pannin shouted as she once again kicked Can in the stomach. Can vomitted blood as he held his stomach with both of his hands.