Chapter 46 - Escape Plan

In his unconscious state, Can heard a mysterious voice instructing him.

"You are my new successor," the voice of man said as it echoed in Can's head.

"Successor? What do you mean? Who are you?" Can replied.

"That symbol on your chest shall be your proof and guide. You must find the last Beast God of this dimension. He will help you," the mysterious man said.

Can wanted to ask more questions since he was confused with what this mysterious man was saying, but he was woken up suddenly.

Opening his eyes, he saw a mysterious man on his side carrying a torch.

"Young man! Hello? Are you okay?" asked by the mysterious man who looked quite dirty. His voice was different from the other man who talked to him when he was unconscious.

Sticking the torch to the ground, the man held Can's head carefully.

"Wh-who are you? Where am I?" Can asked while scanning the area that he was in. There were torches in this place, so he was able to see the area more clearly. Still, aside from the mysterious man and the torches, there were only stones, dirt, and a cloud of dense white mist above them.

"I'm Xu Xian and you're in the Clouded Mist. What's your name and how'd you get here? Do you feel pain anywhere?" the mysterious man with mud on his face asked as he smiled excitedly.

(A/N: If you guys don't know Xu Xian is from the Chinese legend, "Legend of the White Snake".)

Can observed the person in front of him, but It was hard to determine his facial structure due to the dirt on his face. When he looked at his clothes, although they were also covered in dirt, Can could determine that they were old and full of tears. He wondered how long this guy was stuck in this place.

"I'm Can Rathavit. I'm alright. I-I fell from the cliff by accident. The last thing I remembered was the white mist," Can replied. When he got up, he felt a little dizzy and he staggered. Thankfully, Xu Xian supported him.

"Ahh, I see. It's a good thing you didn't get injured when you fell here," Xu Xian happily said as he took the torch on the ground.

"Thank you. Umm, I've never heard about the Clouded Mist." When Can was studying the complete map that his master gave to him, he never encountered Clouded Mist on the map. Does this mean that the map he had was incomplete?

"That's to be expected. This place was not supposed to exist in the first place. Also, I'm the one who named this area "Clouded Mist". Haha," Xu Xian proudly declared.

Can's mouth just fell. Was this guy being serious?

"I don't quite understand what you're saying Xu Xian."

Xu Xian coughed as he changed his expression to a serious one.

"Let me explain. Are you familiar with the story of how the Beast Gods' Dimension came to be?" Xu Xian faced Can.

Can nodded. "Yes, according to my master, the Beast Gods created this dimension for them to live until for some unknown reason they left. Then, it was the First Beast Summoner who managed this dimension. After he passed away, no one else managed it."

Xu Xian nodded his head in satisfaction.

"You're right, but you're missing another important detail," Xu Xian replied as he pointed his finger towards Can.

The little beast summoner frowned as he became curious. "What's missing?"

"Not all of the Beast Gods left this dimension. There was one who stayed, but not by choice. To be exact, that Beast God was imprisoned," Xu Xian answered.