Chapter 18 - A Losing Battle

(unedited)

As Tin and Can arrived into the coliseum, two familiar people saw the two of them.

"Tin! Can! I've been looking for the two of you," Pete said happily as he saw that Tin and Can were together.

It has been a while since Pete saw the pair in person. After hearing the headlines about the two on social media today, he wanted to see the two of them immediately but Tin dragged Can somewhere so he had to wait for them to come back. He had a hunch about their relationship, but he did not know that they already developed that fast already. When he would text Tin about his well-being these past few days, he did not mention anything about Can. He just learned about the two just today through social media! How can Tin hide his love life from his childhood friend! It is unfair! When Pete and Ae just became a couple, the first person to know their relationship was Tin. Even though Pete knew that Tin did not like Ae, he still told him about his relationship because he is his important childhood friend. Although Pete was being petty about it, he was still happy that Tin found someone whom he liked. Can is a really good and caring person just like Ae. He hoped the two would stay like this.

Speaking of Ae, the heir of B.S.G has been silent since he read the headlines about Tin and Can being together. He did not know if he should be happy about it. For him, Can is like a family and a brother to him. He does not want him to get hurt. In his experience interacting with Tin, this ice prince was a selfish and cold-hearted bastard. Ae does not really like his personality at all, but after seeing that the two were happily chatting to one another as they entered the coliseum, Tin might actually have changed for the better. Did he really change or was he scheming something?

"Oh, Ae! Pete! How are you!?" Can immediately approached the two the moment he saw them. When Tin saw Can rushed towards the two, he immediately clicked his tongue in annoyance as he walked behind Can. These pests.

"We're good! I saw your first match today. You did great," Ae praised Can as he messed up Can's hair briefly.

"Stop it, Ae!" Can said as he joked around with Ae while trying to stop him from messing his hair. Ae stopped afterwards.

"Congratulations, Can. You did really well," Pete said as he chuckled.

"Thank you!" Can quickly blushed. He was quite happy to see his other close friends. It has been a while since he saw them because he was busy training for the competition these past few weeks.

"By the way," Pete quickly grabbed his brown leather shoulder bag. He opened it and took out a blue potion. It was a spiritual energy recovery potion.

He then handed it to Can and said "Here."

"This should help replenish your spiritual energy," Pete explained.

Can took the potion from Pete and looked at it. It was a high-grade potion.

He hesitated and gave it back to Pete. He cannot take it since it an expensive potion. Besides, he already recovered all of his spiritual energy. Since his battle with Trump only used 3% of his spiritual energy, he was able to recover completely. Even if he used 50% of his spiritual energy, he could easily recover them. After becoming a high-level beast summoner, his spiritual energy capacity and recovery speed have increased incredibly and abnormally.

"I'm okay Pete. I've already recovered all my spiritual energy. Thank you though," Can said as he refused Pete's offer.

Pete tried to persuade Can to take the potion. "Well, I made this specifically for you though. You can use it when you need it. Consider it as a celebratory gift for winning."

"But...this is high-quality grade potion? It is expensive to produce," Can continued.

"It's no problem at all. I have plenty. Don't worry about it," Pete said as he kept his enthusiastic smile.