Chapter 77 - Attack on the First Tower

<Unedited>

Nighttime has begun. As the sky was filled with darkness, the twinkling stars and the full moon attempted to brighten up the chilling silent night.

Near an undisclosed location, a seemingly abandoned old tower was overlooking the group of cultists camping and guarding it. Almost over a hundred cultists were surrounding it. They were worshipping it even though the tower was only but a pile of crumbling bricks. Yet, although it might seem nothing but an odd attraction in the middle of nowhere, it was a quite valuable relic. This old tower is one of the three defensive structures that is protecting the cave where the King of the Beast and Master Tanapon are hidden.

As the cultists chanted their unusual eerie prayers to the tower with such conviction, they became unaware of the danger coming their way. Although they knew that there was a constant threat from the enemy, they were confident that nothing bad would happen to them since they  were winning in all of the battles against E.A. The war would be over soon and the New World would take its place, at least that was what they were promised.

"How stupid are these people?" Pond asked sneering as he was overlooking the cultists from the top of the tower.

"They've been brainwashed from false promises," Ae replied who was being supported by Pete.

"Tsk...tsk....," Pond clicked his tongue as he shook his head. What a pity.

Pond and the others have just arrived at the top of the tower not too long ago. They were observing the cultists' actions before they made a move.

Tin, who was at the back watching silently and unbothered, moved forward. He slightly raised his right hand to cast a spell, but he was suddenly interrupted by Can.

"What are you doing?" Can asked curiously. Knowing Tin, he would most likely want them dead!

"Kill them," Tin replied indifferently.

The others sighed. They knew it.

Can shook his head while looking at Tin. He knew this was going to be his answer.

"Killing is not always the answer. Just like what Ae said, these people are brainwashed," Can reasoned. "Knocking them unconscious should be enough," he continued.

"They would be a nuisance if not taken care of," Tin replied.

Not wanting to waste more time, Pond said calmly as he looked down at the cultists below., "I'll handle them. You guys go in. I'll follow in a bit."

Since his powers were not being restricted anymore by Tin, he could confidently show off. In addition, he wanted to be part of a battle.

"Are you sure?" Can asked worriedly. The little beast summoner knew that other powerful enemies were guarding the tower.

Smiling, Pond said as he reassured Can, "Master, who do you think I am? I'm a Beast God. I'm not that weak. Trust me will ya?"

The power of these cultists was quite low. The only small challenge was the 'people' who were leading them. These 'people' were part of the Apostles, the two siblings: Mercym and Feedler. These two awful and bloodlust-filled siblings were both Rainbow Grade Tier level 5. With Pond's master being a Tier 6 powerhouse meant that the gap of power between him and the siblings was quite immense. Still, judging by the situation, it seemed that the siblings were quite experienced with battle. Even though Pond has lived for thousands of years and has been in battles, he has not fought anyone seriously after being imprisoned. This could mean that if they fought in a battle between, the three of them could be on a stalemate. This did not discourage Pond, but rather made him excited! Let us see who wins!