Chapter 1: Battle of the Bands

Harry Styles was standing in the back of the gym nervous, fidgeting with his fingers. Him and his band were one of the youngest people apart of the battle and it made him have butterflies in his stomach.

                "White Eskimo?" a deeper voice called from behind them. It was a boy just a few years older than them. He had a headset on and a white clipboard that he kept adverting his eyes too. "You guys can come to this back room and get everything tuned. You will be on after this next band, 'Grey War'." Without any hesitation all the boys followed the headset guy to the music room of Lincoln Highschool.

                Alex, the drummer, took charge like usual. "Harry and Will, you do vocal warmups. Brad and Roy you guys go tune your guitars." Everyone followed Alex's lead. No one wanted to admit it but he was the leader of the band if he wasn't apart of it White Eskimo would've been long gone.

                Louis Tomlinson was sitting in the stands listen to a band called Grey War sing a song that they had wrote themselves and wasn't very good. Louis' band The Rogue had more of a chance than anyone else in this room. They would be the last ones to preform which held a lot of pressure but after all these performances he knew The Rogue had it in the bag.

                "Louis, guess what?" said one of his friends from school who had come to see him preform.

                "What mate?" Louis looked at him in the eyes and Nathan stared back at him fondly. Butterflies erupted in Louis stomach. He shrugged it off because it happened a lot and Louis was sure it was what happened with all friends, but the weird thing about it was that he never felt them around all of his friends. He had never felt this feeling with Stan or Max. Louis shrugged it off again, he couldn't think too deeply about it. 

                "There is a group that is coming on after this. They are like 15 years old. I bet they are going to be so bad. Just watch."

                Soon after Nathan said that the announcer said, "Please welcome to the stage, White Eskimo!" Nathan elbowed Louis which left a bit of heat exactly where he had touched, but that was normal, right?

                Right before Harry when on the stage he felt his stomach drop. White Eskimo was most defiantly not going to win this thing. He sent his mom a text that said, "Mom, I am going on stage. I am nervous. I love you." His mom couldn't come today because she was working. Harry didn't blame her, but he wished so badly that she could've been there. It would've helped him calm down.

                For this performance, the band had agreed that Harry should take lead instead of Will for this one because his voice just fit it better. After all, Will had written it for his voice.

                When they stepped out on stage Harry's stomach dropped even further when he was in the stands, he couldn't tell how many people were there but now could see them all staring right at him. "You're gonna do great, mate. If you lose your way I am right here." Will whispered in his ear. It flushed Harry's cheeks red, but he ignored it.

                "Get on with it!" Someone from the crowd yelled which made Harry's heart sink but he started anyway.

                "As soon as I saw you girl my mind went crazy because I haven't seen you around lately."

                Louis had just yelled at a pour 15 -year-old boy. Why had he done that? Maybe he was just anxious to get it over with so that he could perform. Maybe it was because he wanted to hear how bad it was. Either way it wasn't what he was feeling now. The lead singer sounded like nothing he had heard that entire night and it was brilliant. It was the best written song by far. And the most attractive members for sure. The ladies would especially like that.