Chapter 5: X-Factor Auditions, Niall

Niall Horan was standing on the side of the stage after his interview smiling to himself. If he just got past these rounds he could potentially be the best artist in the world and working with some of the biggest names. "Niall Horan, please step on the stage." the intercom rang over his head. Niall stepped out smiling, this was going to be great.

"How you doing?" Niall waved to the crowd, "Hey guys."

Louis Walsh, one of the judges, smiled back at him "What's your name?"

"Niall," He felt comfortable around another Irish lad.

"Niall what?"

A feeling of embarrassment flooded through him but he didn't show it, "Horan."

Louis' smile faded just a little bit, "Why are you here today?"

Niall soon shifted his eyes to Katy Perry, it was all sinking in how big of a moment this actually was, "I am here to be the best artist I can be."

"And, Niall, how old are you?" Louis asked.

"16, Louis."

"So, you're like an Irish Justin Bieber, yeah?" Niall laughed along with the crowd. He knew someone would make that reference he was always compared to Justin Bieber.

"I reconcile so." Niall said, shrugging his shoulders.

Finally, what Niall had truly been waiting for, it was time for Katy to say, "Does that make you popular in school?"

"Yeah," Niall nodded his head, nervous that Katy Perry was talking to him and knew his name.

Louis pointed at him, "Ok, go."

Niall began singing his song of choice, ''So Sick' by Ne-Yo, "Do, do, do, do." Niall started to gain more and more confidence as he went on, "Gotta change my answering machine, now that I'm alone. 'Cause right now it says that we can't come to the phone." Niall tried his best not to look at the judges but he felt like they were all judging him, which is what they were supposed to do but he didn't like it. Soon, the crowds clapping made him forget every bad feeling.

"And I know it makes no sense 'cause you walked out the door, but it's the only way I hear your voice anymore. It's ric-" Simon waved at him, stopping Niall from singing. He was out already, there was no hope.

Katy looked at him nervously, "I think you are adorable and you have charisma." Niall waited for an answer shaking his head in disbelief, "I just think you should work on it! I mean you're only 16. I started out when I was 15 and I didn't make it till I was 23." Niall fidgeted on stage, Denial, the first stage of grief.

"I think you're unprepared, I think you came with the wrong song. You're not as good as you thought you were, uh, but I still like you." Simon commented for the first time. The crowd cheered, maybe it wasn't as bad as Niall thought it was.

Cheryl looked down at her paper then back up at Niall, "Yeah, y-you are adorable. You've got a lot of charm for a 16 year old, but the song is too big for you."

"Niall, I think you've got something that people would absolutely like about you. You're likeable." Louis complimented him.

"What do you think?" Simon looked back at Louis who was all the way on the other side of the judges booth.

Louis frowned, "I think people would like him just because he's likeable, not because he is Irish."

Simon stared at Niall with a bored expression, "He likes you just because you're likeable."

"Shut up." Louis teased and Niall burst out laughing while the crowd cheered. "Simon, yes or no?"

Simon smiled up at him, "I'm going to say yes." Niall couldn't contain himself; he started jumping all around the stage like a little kid.

"Cheryl, yes or no?" Niall looked hopefully up at her.

"I'm going to have to say no."

"I'm gonna say yes!" Louis shouted up at him. Niall felt like he was having whiplash with all the different feelings he was having at this moment. Louis turned to Katy, "So now all he needs is three yeses! I want to give him a chonce!"

"Um, can I just say that I agree with Cheryl you do need more experience and by the way just if you're likeable-. Likeableness isn't going to sell records, its talent. And you have a seed of it." Everyone in the crowd cheered as both Niall and Louis looked at Katy nervously as she pondered the decision.

"Of course, you're in." Niall jumped in the air like a rocket ship. This was going to be the best day of his life!  "Don't let us down!" Katy yelled back at him.

"I won't." Niall smiled back and waved as he walked off the stage, this would be the start of everything.

Author's note: Also, Thank you so much for 25 reads! This is like a dream come true, because you all are so awesome.

Questions or concerns can be commented here.

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow if you want to!