Chapter 13: Waves, Ice Cream, and Feelings Never Forgotten

Author's note: The song for this chapter is Adore You by Harry Styles. Just because of the vibes, and definitely not because of the lyrics. Welcome to a beach day.

Louis slept on the floor that night because it felt wrong to be close to Harry like that again without his permission. His back ached in the morning but he got over it because today was going to be a good day. The shower in his room ran and Louis knocked on the door, he didn't want another bad situation. "Don't come in here!" Harry shouted from inside.

Louis silently walked away into Zayn's bedroom, "Hey, can I use your bathroom?"

"Mmmh, yeah, you can." Zayn groggily got up, but he didn't stay up for long. Louis turned up the shower to a scorching hot amount but he always liked the heat on his skin. The water fell on to him as it washed away every dream he had had that night and every feeling he felt. The water made him pure again, ready for the new day.

Louis thanked Zayn for his shower before turning to his room where Harry's loose fitting shirt stuck to his stomach which made Louis' heart flutter. No matter how hard Louis tried he couldn't look away.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." Harry was slightly annoyed with Louis, why had he kissed him on the cheek last night? Why did he sleep on the floor instead of the perfectly set up mattress that was awaiting him? And most importantly Harry was pissed off about all of the feelings Louis was making him feel. Their relationship had to stay platonic, it just had too.

Liam and Niall were already down stairs enjoying a cup of tea and laughing about what had happened during last night's game. "And then when Louis jumped into the pool with all of his clothes on! He was the real start of the party. Oh, there you are Louis. How did you sleep?" Asked Liam as Louis entered the kitchen.

"Oh fine. My back hurts a bit, but I'm ok." All of the boys stayed in an awkward silence.

"I'm sorry if this offends you but I have to ask. Are you gay?" Louis rolled his eyes at Liam. He was definitely going to have to watch what he did with Harry now.

"No I am not! I have a girlfriend, remember? Her name is Hannah. We are quite happy actually. Where did everyone get that idea?" Maybe there was a bit of truth to him thinking that guys were attractive, but he would never want to kiss or touch or do anything with a guy. 

"Oh, yeah, right. Sorry mate. I just thought-"

Louis cut him off quickly, "It's fine just don't bring it up again, okay?" It wasn't like Louis had a problem with gay people. He thought they were great and valid, but he had a problem when people thought he was. It. Just. Wasn't. True. On top of all of that Louis also had to question his every move with Harry, the guy he most definitely didn't have any feelings for.

Niall and Liam shook their heads in agreement before turning to have their own little conversation. Louis made a bowl of Captain Crunch before walking upstairs.

Zayn Malik was scrolling on his phone when someone knocked on his bedroom door, "Come in!" He yelled to the visitor. It was Louis looking all mopey and sad. "What's up?"

"I think that we need to be really great friends." Zayn looked up at him smiling. No one in the group had really asked to be his friend yet. Niall and Liam were friends and Harry and Louis were friends but Zayn didn't have anyone. "Will you accept this request? I brought two spoons."

"I will." Zayn and Louis beamed at each other. The rest of the morning they talked about stupid stuff, excited about the new friendship blooming.

Harry Styles did not care to know where Louis was the whole morning. He was spending time outside reading a book feeling the sun shine on his cheeks. "HARRY COME DOWN STAIRS NOW!" He heard Niall yell breaking from his trance.