Chapter 9: X-Factor Auditions, Liam

Pre Authors Note: Should we do a Spotify playlist with one song dedicated to each chapter?

Liam felt like luck was flowing through his veins. His name was called out only seconds after getting to the side of the stage. He had just enough time to hug his mom before walking out in front of everyone. Liam held his head high and his chest puffed out a bit to show confidence. He knew how to do this, but if he knew so well, why was he so nervous?

Simon covered his mouth in shock, "Liam! Nice to see you." The rest of the judges smiled and chuckled knowing who it was.

"Simon, I haven't seen you in a while." Liam smiled.

"Two years, yeah?" Simon held up his fingers.

Before Liam could respond, Louis decided to ask a question, "How far did you make it last time you were here?"

"In 2008 I made it all the way to Simon's house in Barbados." Liam puffed out his chest just a bit feeling proud of himself. Even though he had not gotten far Liam knew he was good. He had practiced everyday over the last two years and it would mean the world to him if Simon said yes.

Louis shook his head, "Ok and what are you going to be singing for us today?"

"I am going to sing Cry Me A River." All of the judges said ok in unison and he knew that it was time to blow them all away.

Liam waited nervously for the song to begin, "And now you say you're lonely." The crowd erupted into applause. "You cried the whole night through. Well, you can cry me a river. Cry me a river. I cried a river over you." Simon stared at him in an expression that was hard to read, Liam decided to ignore him and just focus on the performance, that was the most important thing. "And, now you say you love me. Well, just to prove that you do, Come on and cry me a river. Oh, Cry me a river. I cried a river over you. Cry me a river."

Simon stood up and gave him a standing ovation along with the rest of the crowd. Liam felt a burst of pride surge through his body. It was an overwhelming feeling, looking at a crowd of hundreds of people clapping over him.

Cheryl was first to speak up, "You've definitely got it, whatever it is, you've got it." Liam thanked her with a wide smile on his face, "And I think you've got a very powerful voice"

"That was impressive, Really, really impressive." Katy said, "I think some people in the competition should be a little bit worried about you. Who am I kidding, they should be really worried about you."

Louis shook his head, agreeing, "You know what Liam I am so glad that you came back with a brilliant vocal. And for sixteen years, you are really confident." Louis continued, "And Simon, this is the guy you didn't out through?"

"He wasn't quite ready when he came to my house but I told him then, 'come back to my house two years from now and you will be a different person.' And I got right." The crowd cheered and Liam lit up like a Christmas tree. He was going to get through, he just knew it.

"Now we are going to vote." Louis smiled back at him. "I am going to say yes! Katy?"

"It's a yes for me." With each yes Liam beamed more and more.

"Cheryl." Louis called out.

"It's a yes for me as well!"

"Simon, is it a yes or a no?" Simon scratched his neck nervously.

"Based on talent, absolutely incredible. One massive fact, so I am going to say yes." Liam threw his hands in the air. He had just gotten four yeses and impressed Simon which is exactly what he had hoped for. He thanked them and ran off stage to his family to celebrate with them.

"Liam, you did so good! You did it! You got through!" Said his mom. Everyone gave him a hug at the same time. This was going to be incredible.

All of the boys went home last night with different hopes of what the X-Factor would bring to them. If only they knew what would happen next.

Author's Note: Hey everyone! I asked this question a little while ago but I'm not sure if anyone answered. I was wondering if you think the book should be one long book or if I should have different books for different years of their lives. Let me know.

Questions or concerns can be commented here.

Vote, Comment, and follow if you want to! Byeee besties.