Chapter 11: What A Dangerous Feeling

It was the boys job to prove Simon right by singing a song for him. It was like a second first audition. They had been working really hard day in and day out on their audition song but it wasn't coming together the way it was supposed too.

"I really don't think this is going to get us through. We can't even get these harmonies right." Liam had easily stepped into being the leader of the group and none of the boys objected. "I think we need to choose a different song."

"Liam, we can't choose a different song! We have to perform it in two days to Simon to see if we can actually be a group! It has taken us weeks to get this song to be just ok." Louis was standing next to Harry, a spot he frequently took, but now he was pacing back and forth full of worry.

Harry looked around the room at all of the defeated boys and decided to speak up, " You guys know the saying 'teamwork makes a dream work' then let's work together to make all of our dreams work. Pushing the limits is what you have to do in this competition. Stop giving up so easily." Harry's words seemed to lighten up the mood.

"I agree with Harry. This could be big for us, we need to do all that we can." Soon, everyone was warming up to the idea of changing the song.

Performance Day:

The group of five had decided to sing Born This Way by Lady Gaga and they hoped that they had perfected it. "Ok, thank you ladies, we will discuss it." Harry heard Simon say from the other side of the curtain.

"Harry, Louis, Niall, Zayn, and Liam please step on stage." They did as they were told. The arena was very echoey and caught every movement with sound.

Zayn felt different on stage now, not as much adrenaline as when hundreds of people were watching him which led to more nerves.

Simon was the only one sitting at the desk, no other judges, which proved to all of him that his vote was the only one that ever mattered in the first place.
"What are you going to be singing today?"

"Born This Way by Lady Gaga. We all think it shows our voices well." Liam said and the rest of them nodded in agreement.

Simon looked down at the papers in front of him with wide eyes, "Ok, um, great. Go ahead."
Liam started, "My momma told me when I was young, we are all superstars."

"There's nothing wrong with loving who you are' she said, 'Cause he made you perfect, babe.'" Harry continued.

Louis continued the verse, "'So hold your head up girl and you will go far, so listen to me when I say.'"

All together they burst into a five part harmony, "I'm beautiful in my way cause God makes no mistakes I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way. Don't hide yourself in regret. Just love yourself and your set. I'm on the right track baby, I was born this way. Hey!"

Simon clapped for them and smiled, "That was great, your harmonies were on point, but I'm mostly concerned about your song selection." All of the boys looked confused, "It doesn't fit what we are trying to do here for you all. So if you continue in the competition, I think that I will have to choose your songs from now on."

"What are you trying to do here?" Louis interrogated.

"I am trying to make you the singers you deserve to be. Don't you think I know a lot about that? I've been working in this business for years now. I know what will make someone's dreams come true, no?" All of the boys stayed silent and agreed, "Ok, great, we will let you know. Great job though!"

All of the boys walked out to the waiting room alone. Their families weren't allowed to be there since it was a top secret filming thing that none of them understood. "Don't you think that what he said was a bit weird back there?" Louis brought up.

Zayn glared at him, "No, why would it be weird? He knows what he is doing. He is just trying to help us." The group returned to silence, all of them eager to hear Simon's choice.

Harry and Louis had spread themselves away from the group sitting at the very end of the row of seats. "How have you been?" Harry asked, even though they had been put in the band together all they had been able to talk about was singing.

"Tired. Better since we started talking." Louis put a charming smile on his face and Harry blushed a deep shade of red. "How about you?"

"I am good. Tired too but the excitement is keeping me going." Harry lowered his head to Louis' shoulder feeling a wave of tiredness run through him. "Can I do this?"

Louis smiled, "I don't mind." They stayed like that for a while until their names got called on to the stage.

Shannon came running out again with her clipboard in hand, but it was a new color, green with blue stripes. "If I call your names please follow me to the stage." Harry opened his eyes, "For the boys, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, and Niall Horan." All of the boys got up nervously, the camera's were following them this time, it must've meant something was up.

When they went to the stage both groups were surprised to see the rest of the judges and a small crowd sitting before them. "Hello, we wanted to share something with both of your groups." Niall bit his nails nervously.

"What we wanted to tell you is that both of you going to be able to continue as groups! You are moving forward." Niall jumped in the air like he had done on his original audition day. Harry and Louis looked at each other and before he could think more about it

Louis jumped in his arms. As soon as they touched, static rushed through their bodies and they couldn't think of anyone else but each other.

Louis Tomlinson noticed that Harry Styles smelled like vanilla and that his hair had a silky texture. He noticed that Harry breathed slowly and it made Louis want to follow his lead. He noticed that Harry wrapped his arms around his waist so tightly and itfelt like he would never let go. Louis just wanted to stay there.

Harry Styles noticed when Louis Tomlinson nuzzled his face into the crook of his neck. He noticed that Louis took deep breaths breathing in his smell. Harry noticed that he had a feeling in his stomach that made him feel at home. This was dangerous. Harry quickly released him from his grip and ran to the rest of the band to join in a huddle.

Louis stood there a moment, his mind not remembering anything before the hug. He recuperated himself and ran to join the rest of his new mates, this was a dangerous feeling.

Author's note: OMG THANK YOU FOR 100 READS I NEVER EXPECTED TO GET MORE THAN 10! Also, I hope you liked this chapter!

Questions or concerns can be commented here

My Instagram is 1d_supermancarrots, over there I give you hints for what the next chapter is about and other things. I also have a one shot book called If It Were True which I am going to try to update every Thursday. Vote, Comment, and Follow if you feel inclined to do so. Byeee besties