Chapter 3: Conversations

Author's Note: This chapter is just filler so that we can kind of see what they were up to until the X-factor audition. Also the names before the texts are what they have as each other in their phone. At the beginning Louis  is "Louis (from the concert)" in Harry's phone but it will change. I thought it was a fun way to show how their relationship developed. 

Harry woke up in his hotel room to a text message from Louis.

     Louis (from the concert): Hey, Harry. It's Louis, the one you met in the restroom and at Battle of The Bands. Did you have fun at the concert yesterday?

Harry: Hey Louis. Yeah, I had a lot of fun, they were a really great band to see. Did you have fun?

Louis (from the concert): I had a lot of fun. My favorite song that they played has to be Before the Worst.

Harry: Yeah, that is a pretty good one. I think mine is The End Where I Begin.

Louis (from the concert) : That is my second favorite from the album. I have to go though, Harry. Hopefully we can talk again later.

Harry: Ok, talk to you later, Louis.

A few weeks later:

Louis: Harry

Louis: Harrryyyy!

           Louis: Harry          

H: Sorry, Louis. I was busy doing some outside work for my mom and then dinner. What's up?

           Louis: Thank goodness there you are. I wanted to know how your test went since you've been busy studying it all week.

           H: My test went well I think but of course we don't get the grade until tomorrow.

           Louis: At least you feel good about it.

           H: How did your audition go?

           Louis: Well, I think. We just have to make it 2 more rounds before we make it to actual tv.

           H:  I know, I am so excited about it and nervous.

           Louis: Don't be nervous, you have a great voice and you are very charming. If you don't get in I will start a petition.              

Soon, a boy named Eli popped up on Harry's screen trying to call him.

Butterflies swarmed around Harry's heart, he knew what they meant, and who they were for. Harry had never admitted this to anyone but his stuffed animals in his basement, but Harry liked boys. He didn't know why or what gene he got it from, but it was as clear as day.

Harry was nervous about feeling the way he did for boys. What would his mom say? What would Gemma say? Harry had always been with girls but one time he had kissed a boy named Owen behind the bleachers. He thought it was cliché and boring too, but the feeling Harry felt was anything but boring. Harry felt like fireworks had erupted in his stomach and everything felt like it was on fire, in a good way. Harry had to keep it hidden though because he couldn't lose his family.

Louis wouldn't consider Harry a close friend yet but he was a really fun person to get to know. Everytime he talked to Harry he felt like they had been childhood friends talking for years and it was comforting to him. He had a feeling he and Harry were going to be friends for a longtime.

Louis had also started 'dating' Hannah but he had told her that they should take it extremely slow. Hannah happily agreed. Part of Louis thought they were both doing it because it was just the next move but there was no feeling involved. The other part of Louis told himself that he was in love with her. He chose to believe the latter.

            Four months later:

H: Louis I got my letter!

H: the letter to see if I got into the X-factor or not. Did you get yours?

Louis: Sorry, Haz. I was sleeping. I got mine in the mail too! Did you already open yours?

H: No, I haven't, I've been waiting for you. Should we call?

Louis: Ok, good. Let's call.

                The phone didn't have to even ring once for Louis to pick it up. "Hi." Louis' raspy voice said on the phone he had only woken up a few moments ago.

"Hi, are you nervous?" Harry asked, his voice sort of shaken.

"No, not at all. You?"

"Just a bit." Harry said and Louis could already envision his slight frown although he had never seen it. If he was being completely honest with himself Louis only wanted to go on the X-Factor so that he could hopefully see Harry more.

"Don't be. I can sense that you already made it through." Louis reassured him. Harry chuckled and it sent shivers down his spine, "You open your first." Harry was already ripping his letter open before Louis could finish his sentence.

"Dear, Harry Styles and whoever this may concern. The X-factor would like to say that you have fortunately made it to the TV auditions! We can't wait to see you and we wish you the best of luck!" Harry's voice got louder and louder as he continued on the sentence. Louis broke out the widest smile, now, he just had to make it in to complete his daydreams.

"I knew it, Haz. I knew that you would make it in!"

"Ok, ok. Enough about me, open yours!" Harry wanted so badly for Louis to make it in. He wanted them to go through this experience together even if it led to nothing at all.

"We would like to inform you that you did not make it into the X-factor TV auditions." Louis sadly said. Harry's heart felt like it had shattered into a million pieces on the floor. How could this have happened? Louis had so much more experience in singing than Harry had.

"Just kidding! I made it in!" Louis shouted.

"Louis, why would you do that! I almost had a heart attack! I am so happy for you! We are going to do this together. Isn't that so exciting?"

"Yeah, it really is." There was silence over the phone as the fonded each other in secret. In just one short month they would be seeing each other again and their whole lives would be changing.

Questions or concerns can be commented here

Anyway, don't forget my Instagram is 1d_supermancarrots. Also please comment, vote, and follow if you would like!