Chapter 37: My Boyfriend

Author's Note: Happy National Coming Out Day besties. I love you all :)

It was a couple of days after the party and Nathan and Zayn still hadn't talked about what happened. Today was the performance day and Halloween, so they were all really excited about it. "I can't wait to see you guys perform. I think you're going to do great." Nathan told them.

"I know. I can't wait for you to see it either! It's going to be amazing." Louis smiled and looked at Harry. He was leaving tonight after the show for his family vacation. It was going to suck but he would come back soon. 

Nathan turned to Zayn and Niall, "So are you guys ready? How are you feeling?"

"Good mate, thanks for asking." Niall replied enthusiastically and then turned to look at funny videos with Liam. Everyone was in their own little world except for Nathan and Zayn.

They started texting in the car right next to each other. They knew what they had to say, but they didn't want to say it out loud:

Z: We haven't talked about it yet.

Nathan: We are going to talk about it I promise. I just didn't want to make you nervous for your performance.

Nathan: I wanted it to be focused on you.

Z: I appreciate that but I need to know what's going on. What is this?

Nathan: I am going to be straightforward with you. I want this to be a relationship. We've practically already had our first date.

Nathan: Now you be honest, I won't be mad. What do you want this to be?

Z: I'm not out yet

Nathan: That's ok with me. I'll be here for you.

Z: I've never been in a relationship with a guy before.

Nathan: Me neither. We will be learning together.

Z: Louis

Nathan: Louis what? I'm sure he will love and support us.

Zayn looked up from his phone and smiled.

Z: Will you be my boyfriend then?

Nathan: Yes, will you be mine?

Z: Yes

Nathan: Perfect

Just in time they arrived at the X-factor studios. They would tell the boys afterwards at their hopefully celebratory dinner. "I'll see you guys after the show!" Nathan yelled, walking in the other direction.

They made it through to the next round and went out with their families to the small cafe they always went to. Zayn sat in the middle of Nathan and his family. He would tell his family at dinner Zayn decided. It was better to just say it than wait and get heartbroken.

"Nathan and I have something we want to share." He announced after they ordered their food. Nathan looked shocked but Louis already knew about him and he wasn't afraid to tell the others. "We are now a couple." Zayn turned to his family, "I know that this is shocking to hear, but I am into guys and girls. I really like Nathan."

"That is surprising." Zayn's mom was the first to speak up.

His sister Doniya rolled her eyes, "No, it's not mom. Pay up the 20 dollars." No one was even that shocked about the news, they were just interested about what the 20 dollars was for, "I had a bet that you would get together with a boy and mom didn't believe me. Here we are though." Zayn decided to be thankful for their acceptance and move on to his dad who he was most worried about.

"Dad?" He could see the disappointment in his eyes, "I'm so sorry, dad. I-" Tears formed in his eyes.

"Don't be sorry." His eyes softened at the sight of his son crying. He couldn't bear it, "It's ok. I still love you Zayn. I support you always, as long as you aren't hurting anyone." Nathan was proud of Zayn, coming out was hard and scary but he did it. He couldn't be happier for him.

Liam sat there not knowing what to do. It was that easy. He just said it. And, he was already with someone new. "What's the matter?" Daisy whispered in his ear.

"Nothing, it's just surprising." He whispered back. "I still support them though."

Daisy smiled her winning smile, "Good. I support them too."

Jay, Louis' mom smiled at Zayn in support and so did Anne. They both knew what it was like to be in a situation like this. Finally being free to your family was beautiful.

Louis smiled at Zayn and Nathan as they walked out of the restaurant, "I'm happy for you guys. It feels great doesn't it?" Harry held hands with Louis because he didn't care; he just wanted to be happy.

"It does, but we are going to keep it a secret until at least the x-factor is over. We just want a private relationship for now. Then, share it with the public when we are ready." Nathan and Zayn held hands out to the car too.

When they got back home Harry packed a bag and then walked outside to say goodbye to Louis alone. "Goodbye boys! I'll be back." They all waved goodbye. The couple hid on the side of the house.

Louis put his hands in Harry's back pockets, "I'm going to miss you."

"I'll be back. It's only going to be two nights and I'll be home." Harry smiled down at him.

He sighed, "I know but we haven't been away from each other in forever. Every night we've said I love you and everyday we've made breakfast in the morning. Who is going to kiss me on the counter?"

"Hopefully no one while I'm away." He saw his boyfriend starting to tear up, so he kissed his nose, "It's going to be ok. I'll text you and we have those bears now." They kissed each other and said goodbye.

That night Louis felt so cold and his bed felt sad and empty. He didn't think that he would actually do it but he grabbed the green bear and squeezed it. He heard something crinkle on the back, it was a piece of paper that said "My Lou."

Dear Louis, I hope you are reading this when I have already left. I just want you to know that I am going to miss you so much and I will be thinking about you everyday. I hope that you are ok. I am going to be messaging you too all throughout the trip.

Always in your heart,

Harry

Louis heart felt so full he quickly sent him a text before going to sleep:

Loubear: I found your note. Thank you baby.

Loubear: I love you

My Hazza: I'm glad you like it. I love you too.

*

*

*

Author's note:

Questions or concerns can be commented here

Vote, comment, and follow if you feel like it. Byee besties