Chapter 26: The Dining Table

Author's note: Welcoming the sass master from Doncaster

Harry left Louis alone for the rest of the day. He went off by himself to explore the city. Louis did nothing but sit in his room all day thinking about everything. Could he forgive Harry and move on? Not even Zayn could calm him down.

"Louis, he's just a kid. I know we aren't much older than him but think about how different you were at 16. He loves you." Zayn said.

Niall interjected, "I think that this is a big misunderstanding. He still loves you Louis. He never did anything with those feelings he might have had for Eli. He wants to be with you."

"It's the fact that he had those feelings at all and felt the need to hide them." Louis cried, "I feel like this is karma for what I did to Hannah." No one knew what to say, so they said nothing. Just supported him in silence.

It was the evening and Harry had finally arrived home. Louis was in the kitchen trying to make something to eat, but was doing everything wrong. "Louis, let me help you." Harry ran over and took the knife out of his hands, "You cut the tomatoes like this."

Louis rolled his eyes, "I don't need your help, but thanks." He took his spot back and pushed his maybe ex boyfriend to the side.

Harry sighed sadly, "Lou, you can't let Eli win this. I didn't do anything with him. I lied and I am so sorry, but I can't change the past. Let's just move forward. I will do anything, please." Louis wanted to say yes so badly, but he was interrupted by the truth.

"Eli, you're here early. Nice to meet you." They could hear Liam say from the door. Louis looked the most upset he ever had at Harry. Why didn't he cancel? "Harry, Eli is here!"

"I'm so sorry" is what Harry whispered before leaving the kitchen. In full honesty the dinner had slipped his mind through everything and he forgot to cancel it. If he remembered, this wouldn't be happening. "Hi, uh, Eli. Do you actually think you can come over tomorrow? Tonight is sort of a busy night."

Eli glared at Louis when he walked out and this time Louis wasn't afraid to give it back. "I actually can't. My driver just left. Sorry." Harry was fucking mad and that was an understatement. Why did he ever become friends with Eli again?

"Ok. Go sit down. I will figure something out." The curly haired boy stomped into the kitchen feeling tears stinging his eyes.

"Why didn't you cancel?" Louis whisper shouted, "I think that you just wanted to hurt me."

Harry kept his head buried, "Louis no. It just slipped my mind, ok? I'm sorry."

"You guys are probably together now too, right?" Louis ignored him, "You are going to announce it at dinner."

"Louis stop, that's not what's happening." He said a bit louder this time.

The older one paced back and forth, "You probably never even loved me. You probably just used me."

"LOUIS STOP." and he did, "None of that is true and you know it. I love you. I am not with Eli of all people. You're not just some guy to me. I'm not a bad person and you know that. No matter what you did to me, I found a way to love you, I found a way to trust you. It seems like what you're going through right now has barely anything to do with me and more about your insecurities." Harry ran out and slammed the door behind him.

Harry came back 20 minutes later with a couple of pizza boxes. "Here is what's for dinner. Sorry I couldn't get anything better." Harry glared at Louis who felt really bad about going off on him.

Louis had been overthinking the entire time Harry was gone. Why was he doing this? Why couldn't he forget Harry? "Thanks."

"No problem." He pulled the plates out of the cupboard. "I'll be back. I just need to get changed." When he came back everyone was sitting down at the table.

"So, Harry, we haven't talked in a while. How have you been?" Eli asked after everyone sat down. Louis glared at him; there was no room for games tonight.

Harry chewed and swallowed, "I've been good. Busy with practice and everything."

"I'm excited to watch your show. You guys are all really great. I'm saying One Direction will win." Eli smirked, "But you know, in my opinion I think that there is just a little something wrong. It's a very small sound in the background, I'm not sure what it is but it's kind of whiny."

Louis immediately knew it was directed towards him, "It might just be you. Everytime I hear you speak your whining about things you can't have." He shrugged and continued eating. Even though Harry was upset he couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. The little laugh made the blue eyes one's heart swell.

"Anyway, Harry, how is Anne? I've been talking to her more on the phone. Your sister too. I think they are really starting to like me." Eli laughed, "I know you were worried about it."

"Actually Harry. I forgot to mention this to you but your mom came over with a present for us. Two matching sweaters. It had a card that said: 'For my son and my son in law' it was really sweet." Louis decided then that he wanted Harry back and the passion coursed through his veins.

Harry felt the slight nudge Louis gave from under the table, he knew it meant something good, "You'll have to show me then later, love. She's fine, thanks for asking. Do you have any questions for anyone else but me?"

Eli's slight, evil smile faded, "Yeah, I actually do. Louis, how does it feel to be dating someone who is two years younger than you and already more talented?" That one stung.

"And Eli, how does it feel to be so desperately alone that you have to chase someone elses boyfriend?" Harry was speechless, he didn't know if he should stop it or let it keep going.

Eli came back even stronger this time, "It feels great knowing that Harry and I probably have a better chance at forever than you two. You guys have been dating what, a month and you're already fighting. Doesn't look like this relationship has a very strong foundation." No one knew what to say or do and Louis was standing up from the table.

"My relationship with Harry doesn't concern you at all, but just know that after a special 'moment' you two had together, he came back to my bed to sleep next to me. I can guarantee you that he forgot all about it." Louis smirked at Harry and then narrowed his eyes at Eli.

Liam stood up between the two, "Ok, that's enough. We are eating, Louis." They both ignored him.

"You're a piece of shit Louis. I have no idea why Harry chose to be with you. He deserves way better than your talentless ass. I'm surprised he doesn't-" Harry stood up and pushed Eli.

"Don't you ever talk about Louis like that. Leave now. That isn't ok and you're crossing the line. Get out." Harry showed him to the door and slammed it behind him hoping to never see his sorry ass again. "I'm so sorry Louis. None of what he said was true."

"It's fine. I just need to be alone." He threw on one of Harry's sweatshirts and ran out the door away from everyone.

Author's note: Please I have found so many ways to make this book longer. Do we want more detail or do we want to get to the Up All Night era asap? Let me know.

Questions or concerns can be commented here

My Instagram is 1d_supermancarrots. Vote, comment, and follow if you feel like it. Byeee besties