Chapter 34: Butterflies. Butterflies. Butterflies.

Author's Note: #nathyn. I'm starting that hashtag

It was Wednesday and their actual performance day had been pushed back to Saturday, Halloween. Which sucked because they all had plans to go on a haunted hayride. "Ok and 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Yes, I love these expressions." Leeroy yelled at them excitedly. 'You are looking AMAZING. I just think that you are going to make everyone in the crowd cry. I mean look at me, I'm crying."

"Thank you Leeroy! That means so much to us." Harry smiled brightly.

Their dance instructor went over to Harry and kissed him on the cheeks. Louis rolled his eyes and sighed as loudly as possible. "I am starting to get tired. When will practice be over?" Niall started laughing so hard along with the rest of the boys.

"Ta. Ta. Ta. Lou-Lou, what did I say about staying out late with the girls?"

He rolled his eyes deeply again, it wasn't girls, just Harry. "Not to be with any girls during the most important time of our lives and lucky for you, I'm not." Louis winked at his boyfriend who stood right next to him.

"Good." Leeroy sighed in the most dramatic way possible, "I guess you can be dismissed. I will bless you with a day off tomorrow. You're welcome." They all excitedly left to get their bags, but before Harry could get his, Louis was pulling him into the bathroom. He shut the door and locked it. Then, he pressed Harry against the wall, kissing him.

Harry kissed him back and ran his fingers through Louis' soft brown hair. "We haven't done this in awhile."

"I know," Louis managed to find words in between kisses, "Its because my stupid friend is here." He moved Harry on top of the sink and started to unbutton his shirt.

"He's not stupid. He is nice." Harry pouted, "Don't say that about people. You don't mean it."

Louis groaned in annoyance, "You're right I don't mean it, but I mean this: Less talking, more kissing."

30 minutes later they were out of the bathroom with messy hair and smiles on their faces that no one could wipe away. "Really guys, in there?"

"It's not like you guys could hear anything." Louis said as they walked out to the car.

Liam stared at Louis like he was an idiot, "You guys aren't that slick. I'm pretty sure an exact quote from you, Louis, was, 'Please Harry.'" The couple turned bright red from embarrassment.

Zayn had not once looked up from his phone the entire car ride. He had been texting Nathan non-stop since they exchanged numbers:

Nathan: So, what is your biggest goal? Like with the band and everything

Zayn: Honestly, I don't know. I just want to make music that is true to who I am.

Nathan: Who are you?

Zayn: I don't know yet

Nathan: That's ok. We still have plenty of time to figure it out.

Butterflies. Butterflies. Butterflies  

Nathan: You should come over for dinner. I mean I have no furniture yet but it could still be fun.

Zayn: Oh yeah that could be fun. I will ask the boys

Nathan: oh ok. Yeah. let me know.

"Hey, are any of you guys free tonight?" Zayn asked into the car just before they pulled up to the house.

Louis smiled at Harry, "We aren't free. We are going out tonight. Sorry, Zayn." lovesick idiots. They got out of the car and ran into the house to probably pack their bags.

"I have a date with Daisy tonight. I can't make it to whatever it is you're doing." Liam left and got into his own car. Zayn knew that Liam was probably frustrated but there was no reason for him to be rude.

Zayn looked hopeful, "Niall?"

"You got me on one of the only nights I'm busy. My mom says that I need to talk to her more and she is forcing me to go out to dinner with her. She says family time is the most important thing. I'm really sorry, Zayn. How about we do something just you and I tomorrow night?" Niall asked hopefully.
Zayn shook his head yes, "Yeah, let's go out to dinner and then drive around listening to music."

"Sounds like a great plan." Niall got out of the car. There was nothing for Zayn to do, so he would have to go to Nathan's alone.

Zayn: Looks like it's just going to be me.

Nathan: Perfect. I will get us something to eat. Maybe you can help me unpack?

Zayn: Sounds fun. When should I come over?

Nathan: Whenever you're ready

Zayn: Ok then, I'm on my way. 

Zayn showed up on Nathan's front door and knocked nervously. When the door opened and Zayn was given that same smile again.

    Butterflies. Butterflies. Butterflies

"Come in!" Nathan said. On the floor was take out with a bunch of different pasta's, "I wasn't sure which kind you liked so I just got them all. It will be like a wine tasting but with pasta."

Zayn smiled, that was cute. One thing he had learned from Liam was to not hide his feelings. If he did, it would hurt worse if they didn't love him back.

"That sounds amazing. We should vote on the different pasta's. Secretly though and see if we think the same thing."

"Great idea! Are you hungry now?" Nathan grabbed the paper and some pens from inside a box. "We can eat later if you're not."

"I could eat now." They sat down on the floor and began tasting them all.

Nathan stared at him fondly. Nathan complimented him. Nathan made him laugh. Nathan made Zayn feel an abundance of happiness he had never felt before. "Ok, on the count of three we are going to say which one we didn't like, ready, 1..2..3.."

"Tortellini." They both said at the exact same time.
Both of their jaws fell to the floor, "You didn't like the tortellini either?" Nathan asked, amazed.

"No, the sauce was too tangy for my taste."

He beamed at Zayn, "I feel the exact same way."

Next they moved onto unpacking boxes in Nathan's office since it had the most amount of furniture,

"You have a unicorn pen?" Zayn asked, looking at it.

"Yeah, my niece gave it to me a few years ago. I've never been able to give it away. I love it too much." Nathan chuckled to himself, staring at a picture of a girl playing basketball.

Zayn's eyes softened just imagining it, "I love it."

That night they fell asleep to black and white reruns. That's what they would say at least, but they weren't watching the TV at all. They talked all night and by the morning it was like they had known each other forever.

Butterflies. Butterflies. Butterflies.

Author's Note: Heyyy besties. This is one of my favorite chapters I have ever written. I really hope that you loved it!

Questions or concerns can be commented here

Vote, comment, and follow if you feel like it. Byee besties