Chapter 10: A New Direction

Harry and Louis hadn't talked as often as they had hoped. Whenever one was ready to talk the other was practicing a dance move or a song. They were busy, busy, busy. But today, it was the last day of the boot camp before they figured out whether they passed or failed, which was giving Louis major secondary school flashbacks. Harry sat across from him in the waiting room, Louis had wanted to say something but he seemed to be talking with his family about something important.

"What are you thinking about?" Asked Hannah, his girlfriend, she had insisted on coming to the boot camp because she missed him. Louis tried avoiding it by asking his mom but when she said yes he had to let Hannah come.

Shannon, the woman who Louis had blown up on in the auditions, came out with a clipboard and grabbed everyone's attention. "If I call your name you made it through to the next round." Harry's phone buzzed, it was Eli, his heart fluttered before he turned it on silent. Harry would call him back later. "Nicolo, Tom, Paije, John, Karl, Marlon, Matt, Aiden. Now onto the girls," Shannon smirked at Louis. She hadn't called his name, or Harry's, Liam's, Zayn's, not even Niall's. Five dreams crushed and five hearts shattered all in the same room.

Liam Payne blocked out all of the other names being called. He felt embarrassed, had he really come back to fail in the boot camp. Was this what his younger self would have wanted? Liam would try again, no matter how long it took.

Zayn Malik saw it coming, he couldn't dance, he couldn't sing all that well, and he didn't have the biggest, best personality. Zayn would leave with a smile on his face even if he had lost. It was ok, someone else deserved it.

Niall Horan was crushed, he could never show his face back here again after all of his talk about being the 'greatest singer of all time' that would be embarrassing! At least he got his one try and a good story to tell his kids one day. "It'll be ok, Niall. You have a good voice. Maybe you can try again." His said into his blonde hair.

Harry Styles' mom ran her fingers through his hair. He will try again next year. He would try again every year after that until he got it right. This was Harry's dream to be on stage, he fed off the crowds applause and the lights pointing down on his face. Harry would work as hard as he possibly could to get where he and his band wanted to go.

Louis Tomlinson was pulled into a hug by a girl standing next to him that was supposed to be his girlfriend, but instead of comforting it felt uncomfortable to hug her but he tried to ease into it. After Hannah let him go he hugged his mom not seeing the petty stares Shannon was giving him. "Lou, you tried your best and I am so proud of you. I will always be proud of you." Tears stung Louis' eyes but he held them back.

"What happened, Lou?" Lottie asked, staring at him.

He took a deep sigh, "I lost."

"What! You lost! How? You were one of the best ones up there. Who won? Will you tell me who won?"

"I don't know who won, but it wasn't me. It's ok though. I will try again another time." Louis looked up from his sister to see Harry looking down sadly at his shoes. There was no way he hadn't been picked, "One second, I have to go do something."

Harry noticed Louis running up to him but didn't do anything. "Harry? Are you alright?"

"No, I didn't get through." Harry looked at his piercing blue eyes, looking at him gave the curly haired boy a jolt of nervousness.

"You, you didn't get through. You've got to be kidding me right now. Harry you were one of the most talented ones up there, no, you were the most talented up there. They have to have made a mistake-"

"Everyone Simon had a message for some of the contestants who didn't make it through! If I call your name please follow me Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan." All of the boys had shocked expressions drawn on their faces. Did this happen often?

All of the boys walked into a room with red and black decorations. It had one long desk in the middle with an equal amount of seats on each side. "Boy's sit down." Simon said from the other side of the fish tank wall.

Harry looked at everyone in the room, he recognized them of course but he didn't know why they had been put together. Their voices and personalities were nothing alike. "Why are we here?"

"Great question, Harry. You are all here because I have an offer. One I don't think any of you boys should refuse." Simon sat at the head of the table with 5 packets of paper in his hands.

Liam interjected, "Ok, what is it?"

"I want to put you five in a band. I think the world would go crazy over a boyband. We haven't had a new good one since Backstreet Boys or NSYNC. You lot will be put back in the group boot camp. You will be getting the second chance barely anyone gets here." All of the boys looked at each other. They all came for the same thing, most of them wanted the same outcome. This was the right decision.

They all agreed and it made Simon smile, "Perfect. I just need you to sign these forms!"

"What are they for?" Asked Zayn.

"Oh, you know copyright, and sign up things. All the bands had to sign them. Shannon pass out some pens please."

Shannon passed the pens out but when she got to Louis she whispered, "I wish you the best of luck." Before scurrying out of the room. All of the boys signed the sheets until they were completely finished.

"We will see you in a few days! I am rooting for you all." They all waved goodbye before entering back to the waiting room.

"I guess we are all a band now, yeah." Niall began.

"Not yet, we still have to make it past the boot camp." Zayn spoke up. "Let's exchange numbers."

Authors note: I feel like this chapter was not good. So I'm really sorry. I hope you keep reading though, it will pick up soon. Also, do you think Simon was telling the truth?

Questions or concerns can be commented here.

Comment, follow, and vote. Bye besties.