Chapter 19: Sea Urchins and Promises

Today had been a long day of Vocal coaching, waiting, vocal coaching, and then more waiting. Harry was mostly waiting for Louis to come sit with him and make him feel butterflies but he never did. So, he decided to say something before the day was over.

"Will you meet me on the beach tomorrow? Just you and me? Please." Louis barely met Harry's eyes, "Why won't you look at me?"

Louis looked in Harry's eyes and his heart rang with pain, "I don't know if that is a great idea Harry. Maybe we should take some time apart." Great, it wasn't just about letting me think.

"I don't think we should. But if you just do this one thing for me and we can never talk again if that's what you want." Tears stung Louis' eyes but he decided to hOld them back.

"No, I would never want that to happen. I will meet with you, ok? I promise." Louis held out his pinky like he would do as a little kid and they pinky swore.

The Next Day:

Harry sat beside the beautiful blue water waiting for Louis to join him. The wind blew between the strands of his hair and for a moment he felt free.

Haz: Are you coming?

Lou: Yeah, I'm on my way. I am wearing my swimsuit, is that ok?

Haz: That's fine. I'm wearing mine too. Hurry and get out here it's so beautiful.

Haz: It reminds me of your eyes.

Lou: ok

Something was definitely wrong but Harry was determined to fix it.

Louis got outside moments later in green swim trunks he had gotten before the trip. "Hey." He sat next to Harry and slumped over.

Harry wore a worried expression on his face, "Are you ok? You seem so far aWay from me."

Louis looked at Harry's eyes, how was he supposed to dismiss this boy in front of him? "I'm right here, Harry. What did you want to talk about?" Louis decided at that moment to ignore everything that Zayn had said. Him and Harry were meant to be.

Harry started to tear up hopefully this was going to be their moment, "I want to be with you. Even if it is in secret, I'm tired of hating you because I know we can do this together. We can come out together. I don't know what is going to happen but I know that I want you there," Harry blushed, "Sorry that was a little cheesy but I-"

Louis shut him up with a kiss but this time it wasn't full of worry, or anger, or anything else but love. "I want to be with you too, but we have to keep it under wraps. X-factor competitors can't date or else you get kicked out and I don't want to ruin anyone else's career. We can tell our families though and Zayn because he knows."

Harry looked at him shocked, "Zayn knows?"

"Yeah, I had to tell someone, it was killing me. I am so sorry for everything I put you through. I'm going to be better I promise."

"Don't mention it," Harry kissed him again lightly, "I trust you."

They hung out together for most of the day dancing in the waves and being close to one another. "Should we invite everyone else?" Harry asked, laying on Louis' chest listening to him breath in and out.

"In a minute. I just want to be here with you for a little before we have to hide it. Everything will be easier when we come out to everyone, you and me like this everyday." Louis and Harry both smiled at the thought.

One little accident later and-

"HELP! HELP!" Louis was yelling from the water.

Harry ran over to him without caution, "Louis what happened? Are you ok?"

"Harry, help me up. I think I stepped on a sea urchin." Pain shot up his leg, "Damn it, we have to perform soon." Before long the camera crew and the reSt of the boys were running down the hill from the house.

"Is he ok?" Asked Zayn, almost as worried as Harry.

"He stepped on a sea urchin. We need to get him to the hospital."

Harry sat next to Louis while they were in the car and secretly rested his hand on his thigh, "You're going to be ok. You are also going to make it back in time for the performance." Louis squeezed Harry's hand, another pain.

"What if I don't make it back in time?" Louis looked in Harry's eyes, practically pleading him to take the pain away, so Harry rubbed circles with his hand.

"You will make it back." They arrived at the hospital and Louis was pulled away from Harry. Hopefully he would make it back in time the band needed him, Harry needed him. 

Author's note: Yay! They are together :) Look out for some special things in this chapter. I hope you loved it!

Questions or concerns can be commented here

My Instagram is 1d_supermancarrots! Vote, comment, and follow if that is something you would like to do. Byeee besties.