Chapter Two: The Past and The Present

~Louisa POV~

"I think, you deserve a teddy bear as big as your ego." He said smirking at me. I gasped before punching his shoulder.

"You're going to have to be skilled to win a teddy bear."
"You think I can't win it? Are you daring me, bet!" He said bouncing around.

"Come on let's go...let's go...if I win I get you that teddy bear and you get to go home." He said bouncing with so much energy.

"Okay." I told him and he raised a brow. "If you lose...I'm going to move in with you and torment you for life." I told him and he gasped and held onto his chest like a shocked school girl. I laughed and we shook hands on it.
He paid the Carnie for a try and he stood in position ready to play. The whistle was blown and instead of making the shot in the hoop, he just stood there.

"So how's the weather today?" He asked the carnie and the man chuckled as he heard our entire conversation.

"Oh it's good, fine sir." The Carnie responded, I watched as the time ran out and he just stood there.

"What are you doing??!! You're going to lose!"

"Really, I didn't notice." He said folding his arms while still holding the ball. I smiled when I realized what he was doing.

"You really want me to move in with you?"
"It wouldn't be a bad thing...You mean everything to me Louisa." He said and I bowed by head and started to blush. I got up on my tippy toes and kissed him so deeply.

"I really wanted that bear though." I said and he turned around in the last few seconds and scored the right amount of times to win the bear. I laughed and squealed in excitement.
The carnie handed the bear to him and he give it to me and hugged me tightly.

"Here's to the best years of our lives my love." He said before kissing me deeply.

.......

~The present~
I sat on the bed of my empty apartment and I felt so alone but being alone felt so good. I placed some music on and I danced my way to the bathroom.
"I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine...I got a love and I know that it's all mine oh...ou woah...TAKE ME AWAY...A SECRET PLACE...A SWEET ESCAPE...TAKE ME AWAY!"

"HEY!" I heard a voice coming from my door. I turned the facet off and peeped out and saw no one.

"Over here..." I heard the voice once more and I turned my head to the window.

"Oh...hi." I said embarrassed.

"You don't pay enough rent to be singing like you do." He said and I gaped at him. How did he know that I wasn't paying...MISS LAVERN!

"Oh well...well I still live here, so deal with it." I told him and his lips were pressed in a thin line.

"That's why your boyfriend left you." He said when I pulled my head back in the shower. I pushed my head out in a jiffy and he stood there smirking at me.

"At least my marriage isn't failing, how does it feel to know your wife's boss's balls are bigger than yours." I said raising my brow and his smirk disappeared.

"Yeah, my secret isn't the only one Miss Lavern spills." I said before stepping out and closing my curtains.

I got back in the shower and finished off.
I hopped out of the bathroom feeling refreshed. I went into my closet and searched for an appropriate outfit to go job hunting for.
I settled for a jeans and a baggy shirt.

I placed my hair in a slick bun and picked up my purse before heading out of the apartment.
I got onto the bus and enjoyed the view of the city. There wasn't an anxious feeling scraping at the pit of my stomach because I wasn't thinking about what would be happening if I went home late.