Chapter Seventeen: The Promise

~Louisa POV~

Atticus was being unreasonable and incredibly immature. Why did he have to go on the date with me? Was he jealous of Lucas? I mean he shouldn't be but Lucas was a handsome guy, why are you comparing two successful men, I was still more broke than the two combine.

I walked downstairs into the kitchen watching the time, waiting for it to reach eight also dreading the fact that it was going to reach eight.

I got my bottle of water and went back upstairs to get ready. I placed on a beautiful black dress with a slit on the side exposing my leg.

I felt like a goddess, I placed my hair in a slick one, leaving the ends of my hair curly. I didn't wear makeup, I didn't believe in any of that, instead I carefully applied some lipgloss to make the look pop.

It was finally eight, Atticus got a reservation at one of his restaurants for us to attend, this man was insanely wealthy.
I stepped out of my room and carefully went downstairs in my sneakers, yes I was wearing sneakers with a dress, I don't do heels unless it's important.
Atticus was standing at the door in a suit, he was on a phone call with someone important because I heard him discussing business shipments and locations.

The call ended and he fixed his suit.

"Are you a drug's dealer?"

"Would you like it if I was?" He said without turning around.

"I don't like bad men." I said, knowing exactly what I was talking about.

"Well you're going to love it here darling." He said opening the door and finally turning to face me. His eyes widened but they relaxed as quickly as I noticed it. He scanned my body up and down, maybe wishing he was my date instead of Lucas.

"Our dates are waiting." I told him walking out in front of him.

......

~Atticus POV~
"Well you're going to love it here darling." I told her smirking at my response, I opened the door and finally turned to face her and I was met with a stunning chocolate dropper, she was a work of art, God I wish I was the one taking her on the date.
What does she see in this Lucas dude? Yes he's a teacher, Alister was talking about how amazing he was the entire car ride back home and I got to admit seeing her laugh and smile agreeing to everything he was saying was awful.

I hopped into the car and she sat elegantly in the passenger seat, even her side profile was immaculate, why are you so beautiful woman?! Stop it Atticus and stop staring.

"Do you like what you see?" She asked turning to face me.

"I do actually, you're beautiful Louisa." I admitted and she blushed and turned her face back to the window, I'm back in control, I told myself before pulling out of the driveway and heading to the restaurant.
I parked the car and hopped out to get her side.

"I can open a door for myself." I'm sure you can, I love how independent she is, she isn't flattered by the bare minimum.
We stepped into the restaurant and saw Lucas and the woman I invited sitting there. I really invited her to keep an eye on Lucas, I didn't trust him around Louisa one bit.

"Hiii." We all said in unison. I watched Lucas as he skimmed his eyes down Louisa's body, his eyes lingering on her exposed leg, my jaw clenched watching him look at her like that.

The woman looked good but Louisa, she had the attention of every man in the restaurant, I was sure of it, I still don't know the woman's name, that mysterious stuff didn't peak my interest at all.

"I'd like to know who I'm dining with." I told her in my best alluring voice and my infamous smirk.

"My name is Crystal." BASIC! I screamed in my head.