Chapter Forty-Two: Her Lawfully Wedded Husband

~Louisa POV~
I hardly slept the night before. Sucks to know the man you're about to marry doesn't want anything to do with your child. Maybe I was wrong for not telling him right away and I do get where he's coming from when he says he doesn't want to raise another man's child but that child is also part mine.

I heard slight knocking on the door and I turned on the bed ignoring it.

"Louisa."

"What!"

"Good morning to you too."

"What do you want?"

"Two things actually, my work clothes and a mature conversation with my wife." He said and I got up in a fit, charging towards the wardrobe with his clothes, I walked to the door, opened it and threw his clothes at him.

"Louisa!" He screamed at me before I slammed the door again.

"You're going to have to talk to me."

"I don't have to do anything Nathan." I said and I heard him tap on the door before hearing footsteps receding.

He returned within ten minutes with a belt shaking in his hand.

"I'm going to work, it's obvious what I said triggered you last night and as a good man, I'm apologizing."

"Is that the only thing you're doing as a good man?"

"Unfortunately, I'm also a working man, so I'm not going to wait on you to come out to argue more, I'm sorry and I hope we can talk about this later, I love you." He said turning once more to walk away this time going through the front door.

I threw my head in the pillow and screamed out in frustration before my phone started ringing, I was already pissed who the hell was calling to get me more mad?

"Hello." I said rudely.

"Are you okay?" I heard Atticus's voice and calmed down.

"Hey-sorry, Nathan and I got into this nasty fight." I told him sitting better on the bed.

"Oh." He said awkwardly. "Alister wants to see you, do you think you can come over?" He asked right after.

"Of course I can." I said smiling. I hung up and rolled out of bed to take a shower.
I brushed my teeth and placed my hair in a low one before picking my keys up and heading out of the house.

As I was driving, I started feeling hungry so I stopped at the nearest pizza place to buy for Alister and I and then at the supermarket for wine.
I pulled into the driveway and hopped out with the two boxes of pizzas and the bag with the bottle of wine walking up to Atticus's doorstep.

"Atticus!" I screamed his name because my hands were too full to knock. The door came flying open and Atticus was standing there shirtless in his joggers.

"There's a door to knock." He said pointing at the door.

"My hands are full." I said shoving the pizza in his hand and running over to Alister.

"I missed you so much." I said kissing him up. "You're just getting bigger and bigger by the second." I said playfully pinching his tummy making him laugh.

Atticus placed the pizza down and was heading back upstairs.

"Where are you going?" I asked him and he stopped by the stairs.

"Daddy's got a girl upstairs." Alister said and I wasn't surprised.

"So let me get this straight." I said standing up. "You basically called me out my house to babysit Alister while you have sex?" I asked with my arms folded.