Chapter Forty: The Last Rose Petal

~Louisa POV~
I was getting married, yes! I was proposed to by a man that appreciates me and loves me, I was going to be someone's wife. I've always dreamt of how my perfect wedding was going to be.

I would have my family dressed in beautiful colours that coordinated with the decor of course and I wanted a moon lit wedding as I gracefully stepped carefully on the sand but I'm guessing Nathan would want an on the ground wedding.

I told Atticus that I am engaged and his expression was unreadable.

"Atticus?" I called his name and he closed his eyes and shook his head lightly before looking up at me.

"Congratulations Louisa, I'm so happy for you, you deserve this." He said so sweetly and calmly.

"I know, I'm so happy, I've always dreamt of being a bride!" I said excitedly as he stared at me like he's seen a ghost.

"So tell me your news, what's this exciting news that you had to let me know so early in the morning.

"Um."- he said leaning back in the chair as if contemplating if he should still say it or not.

"I took a DNA test on Ciara." He said and my eyes widened, before I leaned in closer to him.

"What?" I whispered lowly. "Why? How come?"I asked completely stunned.

"Well she slipped and told Alister that he's not her real brother and she was  mistreating him." He said and I bit my tongue, she's a kid Louisa but I didn't like her one bit especially now knowing that she was awful to Alister.

"Wow." I said leaning back in the chair. "Rose was so wrong for putting you through that and Alister too, oh God, but technically she is still his sister since she is Rose's child and Alister is Rose's son." I said pointing that out and he nodded.

"Are you going to talk to her about it?" I asked him and he took a deep breath in.

"I'll see what I can do, but don't you worry your pretty little head, you have a wedding to prepare for." He said smiling softly yet I sensed doubt in his words.

I had no consideration for his feelings on this, how he'd feel finding out that Ciara isn't his daughter.

"I'm so sorry Atticus." I said and he pressed his lips together.

"It's okay." He said. "I wish you the best with your planning." He said taking my right hand and kissing it sweetly, savoring the kiss as if it were his last.

"I've got to get going now." He said getting up and leaving a generous tip.

"We'll talk later." I said and he was about to walk away I got up and hugged him.

"Thank you for being so supportive." I whispered in his chest and he hugged me back tightly.

"That's what friends are for right?" He said showing a faint smile, before leaving to go to his car.

I hopped into mine and drove to Malia's house.

...

"GET OUT! He PROPOSED!" Malia screamed looking at the ring and I excitedly showed her it.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I said and she hugged me.

"Oh my gosh girl! Congratulations!" She said kissing my cheek. She pulled away abruptly to stare me dead in the eyes.

"What did Mr. billionaire  say about it?" She asked speaking about Atticus.

"He was okay, he give his blessings, he's really matured." I said with my head held high as if I taught him how to act.