Chapter Four: Little Cattaneo

~Louisa POV~

It was a new day and I decided to go on another hunting spree, this time for apartments. The second I was finished paying Miss Lavern's debts off I was out of the place it had so much depressing yet amusing memories.

Amusing because quite frankly I don't know why I stayed for so long taking shit that shouldn't be taken. Planning to make vows that probably would have been broken.
I heard a knock on my door and I was shocked as to who could be knocking at my door.

"Who is it?" I said loudly but I heard no answer. I moved swiftly to the kitchen because deep down I knew who it really was, standing so still outside the door, waiting for me to answer. I pulled a knife from the draw and stepped carefully to the door.

My sense of hearing seems to be focused on one thing, that one thing being my deep breathing in and out, I was hyperventilating, the room seem to be spiraling yet I was walking straight. I heard another knock at the door, this time it echoed through the already empty house.

I saw the door handle shake and my heart beat sped up, my anxiety rose like the hair on my skin when I'm afraid. I unlocked the door and stepped back waiting for him to come in so that I can get him right where I want him.

The door opened slowly yet carefully, my breathing became even heavier as I prepared to stab this asshole right where it...

"Louisa?" I heard my little brother's voice and my heart beat slowed down as I saw his scared innocent face.

"Mateo." I called out to him before engulfing him in a tight hug. He hugged me back tightly before taking in my scent.

"Oh my gosh, Louisa, ay...papa and mama are worried sick, no one has heard from you for a year...¿Cuál es el problema?" [what is the matter?] He asked me pulling away from me looking very worried.

He was indeed my little brother but the way he protected me and ensured I was always safe made it seem like the other way around.

He was a medical student and he studied in the Caribbean, he's always been by my side up until I decided to leave my family behind.

"Mama and papa must be so disappointed in me."

"You're not a disappointment Lou...he's an asshole...where is he? Not around again?" He asked and I smiled meekly.

"He's gone for good this time." I told him and his eyes  were sympathetic but he made them relaxed to not make me cry.

"It's okay...I'm happier."

"What happened?" He asked and I bit down on my jaw before telling him the story.

Five minutes later and he's pacing the room like someone on drugs.
"I'm going to murder him...he's going to get it Lou...I'm going to make him hurt the way he hurt you!" He said angrily.

"It's alright."

"No it's not Lou! He placed you in the hospital...you were in a Coma Lou, ON YOUR DEATH BED!"

"He's gone Mateo, be happy that he left." I told him and he bit his jaw and tried to calm himself.

"Please don't tell mama." I asked him with swift eyes.

"Your secret is safe with me puta." He said and I threw a pillow at him.

"Let me take you out for ice cream." He told me and I hopped up excitedly.

On the ice cream date, he told me all about his life...he met a girl from one of the islands and he was in love with her. I told him about my new job and he laughed at me when I told him no one liked me for being nice.