Chapter Thirty-Nine: Almost is Never Enough

~Atticus POV~
I couldn't believe that Nathan came to my house, to threaten my son. I had to tell Louisa about this, I respected their relationship; I tried to respect their relationship but this was beyond malicious. How could he threaten my child. I had to speak to Louisa.

"Where are you going?" Rose asked.

"The club, don't follow me, let's go Alister." I said.

"You're taking your son to the club?"

"Yes Rose." I said picking Alister up and heading to the car.

"We're going to see Louisa aren't we?" Alister said and I nodded. This boy was my ray of sunshine, he went along with anything I did.

I called Louisa and she picked up.

"Louisa?"

"No Malia, what do you want Atticus."

"How are you Malia?"

"I'm good Atticus, such a gentleman." She whispered to Louisa before I heard shuffling.

"Hi Atticus."

"Can we talk?"

"Sure, where do you want to meet?"

"Normal spot." I said knowing we go to this café on steady friend dates.

"Can Malia come?"

"Sure no problem, see you there." I said continuing to drive. We arrived at the café and I ordered her favourite donut and Alister's favourite ice cream.

"Thank you daddy."

"You're welcome buddy." I said hearing Louisa pull up.
Malia and Louisa hopped out of the car and came up to us pulling chairs.

"Hi."

"Hey." I said.

"Do you guys want this to be a private something or?" Malia trailed off and the awkward silence answered her.

"Hey Alister, let's go buy more ice cream." She said to Alister and he followed her.

"Louisa."-

"Atticus, if you're going to talk about what happened in Vegas we really shouldn't because we both know that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." She rushed out cutting me.

"I wasn't going to talk about that and I got the message that you didn't want to talk about it either since we were on the plane coming back."

"Nathan and I are in a really good place right now."-

"Yea? Where is he Louisa?" I asked now annoyed that she wasn't realizing that he wasn't right for her.

"He's at work."

"Have you ever been to the work place to know that he's there 24/7?" I asked and she looked up at me.

"Okay, pause and dial it back, what is wrong with you?" She asked irritated at my responses.

"I'm just saying that maybe, maybe you shouldn't be so naive thinking that he's telling you the truth, people lie Louisa." I said a bit harsh.

"Naive? How am I being naive? Are you mad at something else? Did Daisy send you over here to act a fool, or has the sex messed with your head?" She said and suddenly this turned into an argument.

"Rose, didn't send me to do anything." I said correcting her and I saw her pull back in pain. I didn't come to fight Louisa.

"I'm not naive Atticus, I'm just in love with my boyfriend."