Chapter Forty-Three: His Confession

~Louisa POV~
I didn't know if I should be excited that I was moving back to my homeland or sad that I'd be moving further away from Alister. I loved my family and friends back home but Alister, also Atticus.

He hugged me after the news and I guess he took that as acceptance but I still wasn't sure, I had to talk to Malia when she came back from vacation. I heard the bedroom door open and close and turned to see Nathan at the side of the bed.

"Today's the big day!" He said excitedly coming over to kiss my forehead.

"I didn't know the wedding was today." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"It's a big day because you get to pick the prettiest dress and soon I'll get to marry the prettiest bride in the prettiest dress." He said kissing my forehead once more.

"Someone is really happy." I said raising my brows and getting up from the couch.

"Of course I'm happy, we're getting married tomorrow, I'm going to have you to myself for a very long time."

"Yea-I guess we are." I said smiling softly. Couldn't we be together forever in England? I loved my family, I really do but I didn't want to be with them every second.

"I'm going to work, talk to you later." He said picking up his briefcase and heading out.

"You don't work on Thursdays." I said and he stopped at the door.

"They-they want me in today." He said hesitantly before turning to look at me with a soft smile.

"I love you." He said sweetly.

"I know you do." I said smiling and watching him leave before calling Malia.

"Malia's phone!" She answered like a secretary.

"Are you back in town?"

"Would I miss my best friend's wedding dress hunt?" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"I can see you, you know, I'm right at the window!"

"That's not possible, I live in a two story building."

"I'm on a ladder." She whispered and my head turned in a heartbeat to the window but obviously she was lying. I heard her wicked laugh as the front door was pushed open.

"So stupid." She said cracking herself up, I hung the phone up and looked at her.

"Is that my key?"

"No it's mine, I made a copy for myself."

"Malia."-

"I'm not returning it and that's final, so come on talk about your life, I've missed you and it feels like you're about to slip away and go be with another man for eternity." She said mustering up fake tears.

"I am getting married."

"Don't remind me." She said dramatically. "But really how's life? How are you feeling about to be a bride?" She said looking at me and I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear.

"I'm going to be a bride!" I screamed with my hands in the air.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" Malia imitated Rachel from the tv show friends.

"How's Atticus taking it? By the way how's that wife of his?" She said getting curious and in that moment I forgot that I didn't tell my best-friend about a lot.

...

"He LEFT HER!" She screamed looking shocked. She got up and pointed at me before gasping.

"YOU SLEPT WITH HIM!" She screamed.