Chapter Thirty-One: That's my Best Friend

A/N: The second photo is Malia Matthews, Louisa's best friend...Onto the Chapter🦋

~Louisa POV~
I got home and I closed the door behind me, throwing my head back on the door. I didn't realize how much I missed Atticus's scent until I got a whiff of Atticus's scent, oh my God. I threw my purse in the chair and walked over to my mini bar. I took out the wine and a champagne glass and placed it on the counter.

I got the hair tie and placed my hair in a messy one before going to sit to drink but before I could put my ass down, I heard a knock on the door. I let out an exhausted groan before picking my wine up and walking to the door to answer it. I pulled it open and Malia stood there about to ring my phone down.

"Girl"- she started and looked at my state and then her eyes landed on the bottle of wine.

"Pizza or Chinese?" She asked and I pouted.

"I'll get both babe, let's go." She said coming into my apartment and locking the door. That's why I love her so much, she understands me without having to properly communicate.

She took a glass out and dialed the pizza place and then the Chinese place.
I popped the bottle and she poured it out for us both.

"Talk."

"Atticus." I said gulping my wine down before throwing my head back.

"He's back? So soon?" She asked sipping on her wine.

"No-I think I'm back, I don't know!" I said throwing my hand in the air because this was confusing.

"What happened? How-how did you guys meet up again?"

"We'd always be connected because of Alister."

"Girl-that kid ain't yours!" She said hitting the table. "I know you care about him but come on now."

"I know but I care about him deeply."

"Okay-then call him!"

"He wants to see me and I want to see him too."

"Is he the only one you want to see." Malia asked with a raised brow and I let out a long groan before dropping my head to the counter. The door bell rang and she got up to get the food. She came back and flipped the pizza box open and we both took a slice.

"It's like-I can't escape him."

"Do you want to escape him?"

"Do you see him??!!! Who wants to escape him?" I said biting the pizza.

"And Miss Lola said that it's good to see Alister you know."-

"Girl I told you we black people do not go to therapy, why are you still there- and isn't he paying for it?"

"No, I made him stop, I couldn't let him."

"You need to stop because I can't let you!" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"It's just-so I met them in a café and he was just staring at me-like looking through my soul and then when we got up to leave he grabbed my head like this." I said showing Malia how he grabbed my head and pulled it. "And then he kissed my forehead! Like what the hell!"

"You enjoyed that didn't you?"

"SO MUCH! Being around him made me feel so good again."

"Oh yea? Did you tell your boyfriend that?" She said and I pressed my lips together.

"That's right bitch! Nathan! Your nice decent guy, who doesn't have a girl on the side, who would probably love you and doesn't have a wife!"

"Atticus doesn't have a wife."