Chapter Thirty: Miss Out There

~Louisa POV~
"How are you feeling today Miss Stone?" Miss Lola asked me and I had a soft calm smile on my face. I had cut my hair to shoulder length so it was extra curly and all over the place.

"These two weeks have been tough but change is good sometimes right?"

"You're asking me?" Miss Lola asked looking up at me with a raised brow.

"Change is good." I said more confidently.

"What have you been up to?"

"Well I got a job at this wonderful company where I'm the Co-CEO." I said grinning from ear to ear waiting for Miss Lola to ask how am I the CEO at a company I've started working at three weeks ago but she kept staring at me, waiting for me to go on.

"Oh-my excitement is too much to be delayed, it's my brother's company." I said throwing my hand up in the air.

"I have my own desk and office and mini refrigerator, oh it's just wonderful Miss Lola."

"I bet it is, you're great with managing, it was your leading course in college." She said stating the facts.

"You bet it is." I said smiling.

"How do you feel about the holidays?"

"I love the holidays, Christmas is my favorite holiday actually!"

"It's your first time spending it alone, how do you feel about that?"

"I wouldn't be alone, my best friend Malia is coming over and we're spending it together." I said confidently. Malia and I have become very close, so close she lives a street away from me, it's a ten minute walk to my apartment.

"What about spending such a joyous holiday without Alister." She said and my smile faltered a bit. I haven't spoken to Alister in three weeks. Three weeks since I walked out on Atticus and left him a letter, three weeks without speaking to Alister. They must be so happy.

"Um-I think-I think I'll contact him for the holidays and see if he's doing alright." I said smiling softly.

"What about Atticus?"

"The last time I heard from Atticus, I told him to chase after the woman of his dreams and he did and I guess we're okay because we didn't end on bad terms." I said smiling and nodding to assure myself, I was okay.

"How's Nathan?" Miss Lola asked me and I covered my mouth to stop the smile creeping up. I met Nathan when I moved into my apartment, he lived on the same street with Malia. He was Spanish and moved here two years ago to live closer to his parents.

He and I have been talking and we went out on three dates and he was a really nice person.

"Nathan is amazing, he's always sleeping late, but he's at the office early when he has to be." Nathan works with me, he's my brother's friend so we clicked automatically.

"Do you think that having a relationship within the work place would cause any problem."

"It hasn't been causing any problem and I hope it stays that way."

"Well Miss Stone or should I say Miss Out there." She said chuckling lightly and I smiled at how happy she was for me.

"I must say, the progress is immaculate and I am very happy for you. Continue to be wonderful and our sessions are cut down to once a week."

"But I like seeing you every three days."

"You're so much better now so it will be cut down." She said closing my file. "I enjoy working with you."