Chapter Nine: The Past is always Tense

"The Past is always tense, the future perfect"
~Zadie Smith~

A/N: The picture above is Atticus Cattaneo❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Onto the chapter...🦋

~Atticus POV~

~Flashback~
It was November 8th, I was sitting in the hospital with sweaty palms, quaking knees and seconds away from a nervous breakdown. I've never felt like this, mostly because I've never felt this anxious feeling. I've heard men talk about this day but I never imagined that it would be entirely nerve racking.

"Hey?" I turned at the slightest touch, her skin like ice against my fiery one.

"Are you okay?" She continued and I looked at her and nodded.

"We're doing this together." She said holding my hand, I looked at her and I felt relaxed. This woman was everything to me, there's nothing she could do wrong, she was great at everything and I'm sure she will be an amazing mother because she's just that good.

Rose Vincent, my soulmate, my friend, the love of my life, my wife. I love this woman with all I have, with all I am. She's been by my side for what feels like eternity and I will always support her in whatever decision she makes even if it is to inseminate another woman with my sperm to have our child.

Rose told me that she was barren-unable to bare my offsprings, unable to give me kids of her own but none of that mattered, once I had Rose. She can make any man do the impossible and I've been trapped my her encapsulating smile, laugh, personality; I love it all and I was ready to raise my child with her.

"Mr.Cattaneo?" A nurse came outside to us shortly after and I sprung from the chair wiping my mouth and ruffling my hair.

"Hi, that's me, is everything okay?" I asked her nervously. Did something happen is that why she came to me, Oh my God.

"Just came to update you on your son." She said and I looked at her with tears welled up in my eyes.

"Son?" I asked her my voice cracking and she nodded with a smile on her face.

"Congratulations! You have a handsome baby boy." She said and I lift my hands up in the air triumphantly. I hugged the nurse and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"We have a baby!" Rose said smiling so brightly at me and I leaped over to her and kissed her so deeply.

"Yes, yes we do." I said hugging her. "We're going to be amazing."

I saw them go into a room with a baby and we followed shortly after them. The nurse handed me my perfect baby boy and I couldn't help but chuckle at how distinctly our facial features are. He held onto my finger and I just knew it was the right decision.

"What are we going to name him?" Rose asked brushing her finger on his cheek.

"Alister Mikhail Cattaneo." I told her looking down at her. She got on her toes and kissed me before looking back at the baby.

~The present~
I threw the clean mixing bowls that Louisa just cleaned onto the floor with a swift wipe of my hand. I placed her onto the counter and placed myself between her legs as we continued making out. I held onto her curvaceous body, fuck.

This woman was driving me crazy. She jolted her body closer to mine but her clothes were the only thing between the two of us. I ripped away from her lips and starting kissing her neck taking in her sweet breathless moans as her hands get tighter around my shoulders. I moved from her neck and continued to devour her, our tongues mingled together like two fucking ropes.

My hands dropped to her ass, the same ass I smacked earlier. She was a goddess, a fucking muse. I look at her and I see that she has curves but to feel them to fucking be sunken into her amazing presence, she's just a drug and I'm ready to overdose. I was about to take her shirt off and she stopped kissing me almost immediately, holding her shirt down tightly.

I give her a look and she just looked at me and got off the counter before walking off.

What the fuck.

No woman has ever walked away from sex with me. I went into the refrigerator and took a piece of her chocolate cake, it did taste good on her tongue but I want to taste it like normal people eat cake. I leaned against the counter and placed the cake in my mouth and it was really good, but it taste the best on her tongue.

I'm still in shock as to why she walked away from me. I placed the plate in the sink and head upstairs to my room. My hand lingered at my door handle as I stood there thinking about her, craving her even more. I shook my head and just went into my room and locked it.

Not after two seconds, I was out of my room and heading to hers. I was determined to know why she stopped, was I not irresistible? Yes I was! I wanted to know why she rejected me so harshly, she is the first woman to ever turn me down, the first and only woman!-

"Daddy?" I heard Alister's voice and I turned around to see him standing at the door with his Dinosaur stuffed animal.

"Hey buddy." I said walking over to him and lifting him up.

"What's the matter you can't sleep?" I asked him taking him into my room.

"Yes." He said as I sat down on the bed with him.

"So what's wrong?"

"You looked angry today. Please don't send Lou away." He said and looked up at me, little did he know that was the last thing on his father's mind.

"Why would I send her away?" I asked him, yes why would I?

"Because-she made a mess."

"She cleaned up and she left your cake for you." I told him and he smiled.

"I like her Daddy."He said leaning into my chest. Me too buddy, but I couldn't tell him that. Not long after a minute he fell back into a slumber. I took him back into his room and turned the light off before walking off, I saw a chain on his cupboard and I clenched and unclenched my fists before picking it up and walking out of his room, closing the door quietly.

I felt a presence next to me and turned to see Louisa at her door.

"I was coming to check on him." She said innocently as if the whole make out session didn't happen earlier.

"Yeah he's okay, I just put him down." I said putting my hands in my pockets.

"Alright good." She said folding her arms. She was playing hard to get but I invented that game.

"Goodnight Miss Stone." I said formally before turning and walking to my room. I closed the door and went to bed with her solely on my mind.