Chapter Twenty-Four: Confrontation

A/N: I just want to say that I'm excited for the chapters up ahead guys-the way I think is miraculous ahhhh!!!...I hope you guys enjoy my book...Onto the Chapter🦋.

~Louisa POV~

I couldn't, I couldn't let Ethan get away with his vicious ways, his lying persona, he captures countless women, with similar lines, lines I thought were once so clever and enticing turned cold and bitter coming from the mouth of a monster.

Malia didn't deserve this, I didn't deserve this and no other woman should endure this type of torture from a horrible man.
My phone pinged snapping me out of my hateful thoughts about Ethan. I looked over my shoulder and it was an unknown number.

"Hi." It read with a slight smiley face.

"Hey? Is this who I think it is?"

"How do I get out of this?" It said responding within seconds and I knew it was Malia.

"What did he do to you? Would you like to call?"

"I don't want to risk it, he's only gone for a couple minutes. So I can talk."

"Can we meet?"

"Where would I go?"

"Tell him you have a work thing and come to my house."

"And what am I going to do when I get there, Louisa. He's crazy, I'm afraid of what may happen."

"If you're not brave, I assure you, you'll reach a point in your life where there is no turning back." I told her sternly, she had to get it the hard way.

"Okay, I'll tell him I have a work thing."

"When you get here, we can discuss what we will do." I told her and she responded with a smiley face.

"Thank you Louisa, can we meet at the supermarket later?"

"Sure." I told her and she sent a thumbs up before sending the time. I took a deep breath in the. A deep breath out, I was going to put a stop to this madness.
I heard movement at the door and saw Atticus leaning against the door frame looking at me.

"What did she say?" He said coming over to the bed, snaking his arms around me.

"She said she'll meet with me at the supermarket la."-

"I don't want you going to meet up with her." He said sternly.

"I'm just going to convince her more."

"Louisa, that's dangerous, I'm coming with you."

"Of course dumbass, I wouldn't go alone." I told him hitting his chest and he smiled softly at me. We sat there staring into one another's eyes for what felt like five minutes, neither of us bothered to say anything because the silence was loud.

We weren't at the I love you stage, but we were definitely at the 'you matter so much to me' stage. I give his lip a small peck and pulled away but he held my neck, to deepen the kiss. I pulled away slightly and started laughing like a school girl, I was really happy.

Never had I thought life would be like this. It was simply an amazing-

"Daddy." We heard Alister's voice and turned to the door, breaking apart. Atticus bounced to the end of the bed and fixed his shirt.

"Ali-

"I told you not to." Alister said standing looking at his father with betrayal in his eyes.

"Alister." Atticus called out before Alister turned to leave. We got off the bed and headed to his room, which was safely secured since he slammed the door and locked it.