Chapter Thirty-Five: The First Date

~Atticus POV~

"Is your hand okay Daddy?" Alister asked as we drove home.

"Yea-Louisa fixed it up for me." I told him. I don't know why I would spring to catch a hot pan with my bare hands but it burning Louisa instead of me, would have been worse for me.

I pulled into my driveway and saw a car that I've never seen before. I hopped out of the car and took Alister in my hands. I opened the door to see a champagne glass on the table.

"Ciara!" Alister screamed before squirming out of my hand to go to his sister. I walked to the pool and there Rose was swimming in the pool.

"Rose who was in my house?"

"Merry Christmas to you too baby." She said walking out of the pool.

"Rose I saw wine on the table."

"I was drinking wine."

"You don't drink red wine." I said and she stopped in her tracks before she started moving again.

"We've been apart for couple years, I've clearly changed my opinion on it." She said turning and walking over to me. She threw her slightly wet skin on me and kissed my cheeks.

"How about a little Christmas sex?" She said kissing my cheek. No thank you, I'll pass.
I walked inside and she followed shortly behind me.

"Atticus where were you?"

"I went to Louisa to apologize for your childish behavior." I said blandly.

"If you went to apologize for me why wasn't I there?" She asked folding her arms.

"For you to try to kill her again?" I asked with a raised brow and she pressed her lips together.
Alister and Ciara came running downstairs rambling about something.

"Ciara-let's go watch Moana." Alister said holding Ciara's hand.

"No! I don't want to play with you!" Ciara screamed pulling her hand away from Alister and pushing him to the ground.

"Hey!" I shouted and walked up to Ciara before stooping at her level.

"We do not fight in this house." I said pointing at her. I don't know what came over me but in that second Ciara did not feel like my blood, how dare she push my son, her brother.

"Apologize now." I said assertively.

"Sorry Alister." She said softly.

"Atticus." I heard Rose's voice and I turned to look at her.

"Have you not been bringing her up right with our time apart?" I asked her and she squinted her eyes at me.

"Upstairs now." She said and I walked up the stairs because I didn't want to be a hypocrite, I just told Ciara we don't fight in the house.
I entered the room and Rose did so too locking the door behind her.

"What was that? You can't shout at her like that!" Rose exploded.

"I didn't shout, I firmly presented myself as her dominant parent."

"Oh so now you're the dominant parent?"

"It's clear- you don't ever discipline her-that's not the first time I saw her being rude to Alister."

"You could have approached it differently."

"Oh-like you do-by letting them fight, I'm not going to let her be brought up without manners, A good parent never brings their child up like that."

"Are you calling me out Atticus?"

"Rose to be very honest, you're moving like a snake in the grass- you're drinking red wine all of a sudden, now you have a problem with me disciplining Ciara, she hit my child!"