Chapter Twenty: Someone from the Past

~Louisa POV~

"And that's how I ended up in the hospital and my journey for a new job or whatever."

I sat there looking at Atticus try to take in everything I just told him about my past. I tucked my hair behind my ear and just looked up at him.

"Louisa."

"Please don't pity me I."- I started but he swiftly moved from his spot and over to the bed where I was and hugged me tightly. I closed my eyes and took in his scent, the perfume was like a hallucination pill, I just wanted to stay there forever.

"You're so strong." He said and I sighed into his neck.

"I'd never let anyone hurt you like that ever again." He said pulling away and looking at me, he tucked my hair behind my ear and watched me with admiration.

"I would never hurt you." He said and I so badly want to believe him but I just couldn't.

"I've heard it already, I'm just waiting for someone to show me." I said and he smiled gently at me, then I saw a little anger flash in his eyes.

"You're safe with us, you're safe with me, I want you to know that."

"Thank you Atticus." I said and smiled softly at him.

"You should go to sleep." He said getting up.

"Can you-can you stay with me until I fall asleep." I said feeling scared all of a sudden, an all too familiar feeling washed over me.

"If you don't want to, it's fine."

"Of course." He said coming to sit in the chair.

"Maybe don't watch me while I sleep." I said and he laughed before nodding and going on his phone. I was looking at him text, he was in a laid back position, he looked so good, with his hand between his foot.
I smiled knowing that he jumped to the opportunity to protect me. I went to sleep within five minutes of thinking of him.

.....

I woke up the next morning and he was no longer in the chair but laying shirtless next to me. I took this opportunity to admire him up close, he looked so peaceful, he really made himself. His breathing was so calm, he had nothing to worry about, the world was on his side not against him, he was absolutely amazing.

"Do you like?" He asked in his deep groggy voice which was much more sexier than his normal voice.

"Maybe I do." I said bravely, his eyes fluttered open and he looked up at me as I was leaning on my hand looking at him, the tension was building up and I just wanted to sit on him and kiss him all morning. His hazel eyes set on my grey ones, he licked his lips while giving me an up and down look, his eyes were filled with lust and something else but lust was definitely a look.

"Louisa daddy is not home!" I heard Alister scream pushing the door open, making Atticus and I break eye contact.

"Oh." He said seeing his dad, Atticus smiled a bit at him and he watched him with a stern look.

"Daddy?"

"I just slept buddy." He said turning and raising his hand in defeat. What discussion did they have?

"We have to pick up a couple things from the store." He said to me.

"Again? we went yesterday."

"I know but Alister eats a lot." He said obviously lying I knew he ate majority of the snacks, I rolled my eyes and got off the bed. He walked out of the room and I went to the bathroom to get ready.

I came out in some joggers and an oversized t-shirt that I found somewhere in the closet. I never wear short tops because of my injuries. I walked outside and saw Atticus dressed in some clothes as if he was going to the beach.
He turned around and looked me up and down with his brow raised.