Three Months

The next few days passed in a blur of everyone trying to find dad and figure out what would happen if he was not found. The lawyer came by and told us that I would get to run Stark Industries and until I turned 18 could choose who I wanted to help me, that it would be my choice who I wanted to ask. We had a meeting with the board later today where we would announce it to them.

I just felt like a zombie, I was having a hard time sleeping and every time I did I would wake up from horrible nightmares. I just wish someone would wake me up and tell me all of this was a horrible dream but I was starting to lose all faith that would happen.

I made my way downstairs where Pepper was finishing a call. I sat down by her and waited.

"Are you ready?" She asked me once she was done.

"I suppose I am, I don't think you can ever really be ready for something like this though. Can I ask you something?"

"Anything sweetie."

"I have given it a lot of thought and I wanted to know if you would be willing to be my adviser until I turn 18, maybe even after that. There is no one I trust more than you and you already know so much about it all. You don't have to say yes though if you don't want to I will understand."

"If that is what you want I would be happy to help you. I will always help you in any way that I can."

"Thank you, Pepper, I have no idea what I would do without you here."

"You are so very welcome sweetie. Are you ready to do this?"

"As ready as I will ever be I guess." We made our way out and Happy drove us to meet with the board.

Once there I was so nervous about it all and Pepper could tell so she grabbed my hand.

"You got this." I smiled at her and we made our way into the room with the others.

Dad's lawyer talked for a few moments then announced that I would be taking over. Then everyone started to talk over one another protesting before it was turned over to me.

"I know this is not what any of us planned, I know you don't want a seventeen almost eighteen years old being your boss but this is what my father and grandfather wanted. I know this company through and through. I have grown up in this company and I want the best for it as well. So I will do all I can to make sure that is what happens. That being said, I have decided that my adviser will be Pepper." They started to protest it and I was quick to stop them.

"I know that is not what you would think that I would do, but Pepper knows this company, as well as anyone else, and I trust her that she will help me in ways that will be best for the company. So I am sorry if anyone does not like it or trust this but it is what I feel would be best for the company."

Slowly everyone started to agree and were slowly understanding.

"I also want to start working on more than weapons as well, we will not shut it down but I want our focus on more than just weapons."

"You can't do that," Obadiah said.

"Well I can and it is what is best for the company and the world, fighting is not always the answer and I want to put more good in the world. I have lost my grandfather and my father is missing because of all of this and I want to make sure that we can do some good with our family name. It's my name on the company, not any of yours and I want to be known for good and not just weapons. So if you don't like it I'm sorry but this is what we are doing now. If you don't like it feel free to leave anyone. I want to work with everyone on making the company better but if you don't you are allowed to leave. I don't plan on keeping the company the same as it was. I want to move it forward and make it better."