Lunch with Steve

The next morning I woke a little before 10 am and got ready for my day ahead. I was meeting Steve at noon so I did have some time to get ready before then.

I decided to jump in the shower before getting dressed.

Once done I decided on a nice summer dress as it was looking like a pretty nice day out.

After I was ready I walked out of my room to find both Dad and Pepper going over some plans at the table.

"Good morning," I told them both as I walked into the kitchen to get some food.

"Good morning sweetie, How did you sleep?"

"Well, thank you."

"Good morning Baby girl. You know I think this is the latest I have seen you sleep in for a while."

"I guess I just needed it."

"Well, you were out late."

"At least I came home.

"Well played daughter of mine."

"You know I know all of your tricks."

"I guess I will need to be more careful."

"Would be a good idea, I am sure. So what are you working on?"

"Plans to fix the tower and also plans on going back to Malibu."

"So you are planning to go back then?"

"I think we should spend some time there, Why?"

"I don't think I want to live there anymore. New York has always been my home and I missed it. Plus I miss all of my friends while I am there and work. I think I will stay here, but I will come to visit if you move back there full time and spend holidays with you as well."

"If that is how you feel then maybe that is what you should do. I just don't like you being here all alone."

"Dad if you have learned anything in the last week it is that I am never alone. I have so many people always looking out for me. Plus you will need to come here for work and I can supervise the fixing of the tower as well if I am here."

"You have thought this through."
"I have, I guess I just need time and people that I have missed by not being here. Staying here so much lately has shown me how much I missed not being here all of the time and I am ready to stay home. Plus I want to be close to Peggy, I don't know how much more time we will have with her but I really want to make the most of the time I do have with her. All that has happened has shown me life is short and I want to enjoy every moment of all of it with all the people I care about. But don't worry because you will still see me so much that you will get sick of me."
"I could never get sick of you baby girl. I also know that this is something you need to do even if I don't like the idea of not seeing your smiling face every day."

"You do remember there is a thing called video chat where you can see my face every day."

"I know, I will just miss you is all."

"I will miss you but we will make time to see each other as often as we are able to."

"Yes, we will. I love you, baby girl."

"I love you too daddy."

"So what are your plans for today?"

"Lunch with friends and then whatever happens."

"That sounds very vague."

"Sometimes it is nice to go with the flow, but I need to head out so I am not late. I will text you later to let you know when I will be home. Love you, dad." I said as I got up and kissed his cheek.