Complications

The weeks following were busy and I found myself slowly stressing more as the days went on. Trying to find the best way to take down Hydra once and for all, plus trying to have a life outside of all the superhero work, all while finding time for a relationship as well. It was late and my phone started to ring, with a sigh I looked to see that Nat was calling and answered her.

"Hi Nat, what are you doing?"

"Rebekah, you need to get to the hospital now."
"What is going on Nat?"

"Fury has been shot."

"I'm on my way." I got off the phone with her and sent Happy a message to come to get me while I got my things and headed out.

Once outside I saw Happy and told him to take me to the hospital.

"Are you alright?"

"I am but Fury is not." While he didn't really know Fury he knew who he was and we were quickly off.

Worrying the whole way there. Once we were stopped I quickly ran into the hospital asking where to find him and slowly being pointed to what to find him.

Walking in I saw Nat, Steve, and Maria.

"How is he?"

"Don't know" I stood by Nat and Steve and could tell she had just got here as well. As she was still asking questions.

I looked at Nat when they were talking about the weapon. We both knew who and what this was about. Then he started to crash. I watched as they tried to bring him back but then they called it the time of death.

"Nat he can't be gone."

"I know sweeties." We waited for them to have Fury ready so we could see him, so I called dad.

"Where are you?"
"I'm fine dad. I'm at the hospital with Nat."

"Why, are you alright?"
"I am fine. Dad Fury is dead."

"Do you want me to come to get you?"

"No, I am alright. You're out of town with Pepper anyway. I need to help with things. After all, next to Fury, and Pierce I have the highest clearance level for S.H.I.E.L.D. I will call you when I have figured things out here."

"Alright, if you say so. Be safe and let me know if you need anything and I will be there. Do you understand?"
"I do, talk to you later. I love you, daddy."

"I love you too baby girl. I'm sorry about Fury. I know how close you were."
"Thank you, I will see you soon." I got off the phone with dad and then was told we could see Fury.

I stood by Nat for a while just looking at him before Steve told us we had to let him go. They walked out and Maria walked up to me.

"You remember our conversation right?"

"Is this what it is?"
"Yes, will you be alright?"

"Don't worry about me Maria, you know I can handle whatever they throw my way. I'm going to head over to S.H.I.E.L.D you take care of things here." I walked out and headed to S.H.I.E.L.D with Steve.

"Are you alright?"
"Don't know yet, I don't think it has all hit yet. Then again I have lost so many people in my life, maybe I'm growing numb to it all."
"There is no way that is happening because you have the biggest heart there is."

"Thanks, Steve."
Once we were there he got ready and then went to the meeting while I waited for him.

I sat outside in the hall and was looking at my phone going through some files. If what they said was right there was a good chance this was Bucky and if it was I might finally get the chance to help him get away from Hydra once and for all. Then also maybe get rid of Hydra as well.