Falling Apart

After getting changed I quietly left the house before dad or Pepper saw me. I got in my car and just drove, not really sure where I was heading to. It was still early, the sun was not up and the city had not yet come to life.

I had no idea how long I had been driving but I just drove and then stopped releasing where I was.

I looked around and it hadn't changed too much from when mom and I were in the accident. It felt so fresh and raw after dreaming about it.

I was not sure how long I stayed there before I decided to leave because the Sun was coming up and I didn't want to stay any longer.

Once I started to drive again I drove to so many places like I was living my dream over again watching it all play out in front of me each place I went as it got harder and harder to keep going.

It got too hard to keep driving so I pulled over to breathe a moment before releasing where I needed to go and pulled back onto the road seeing that I had already started heading there. The Triskelington.

As I drove I let the flashes of memories play before my eyes trying to hold it all together and slowly feeling worse by the minute my phone started to ring and I ignored it.

It finally stopped only to start right back up. I listened to it ring and end before it started again. I quickly turned it off not wanting to talk to anyone right now.

Once there I got out and headed in. not many people were in yet as it was still so early and that made it easier to get to my office.

I walked in and looked around, what had once been mom's office here was now mine, right next to where Phil's was. I looked around at the pictures and the books and decorations.

Most of which I had added once I got to the office as most of mom's things had been packed up when she died.

I had tried hard to recreate some of what she used to have and designed it in a way she had. I had wanted to feel close to her in the office and now as I looked around I just saw darkness, death, and loss. So many people in the pictures were no longer living and on top of it all, we had double agents in a group that I had dedicated my life to. That I had lost so many people too. Everything around me felt like a lie, all of it was fake and I had no idea who I could even trust anymore because everything was wrong and nothing was ever going to be right again. I felt a tear fall as I realized all of the people I had watched die didn't need to.

Had there not been all of the secrets, that there were so many of them could still be alive.

HYDRA would not have its tentacles in SHIELD. Things would be better but all we had become were Secrets and lies and doing things that destroyed people and I was sick of it. I wanted it all to be done and over with.

I was sick of people not seeing both sides, everyone always looking out for what they wanted and not what was best for all.

Picking up a glass on my desk that held pens I threw it at the wall as hard as I could before watching it shatter into hundreds of pieces.

I realized it felt good and picked up something else throwing it at the wall watching it shatter as well.

Then I just went for it, throwing things everywhere, shoving everything off of my desk.

Within just a few moments I had destroyed my office and fell to the floor setting in the middle of all of my destruction.

My door opened and someone came in saying my name but the blood was rushing in my ears and I could not focus on the voice.

They said something to someone else and then came up to me.

That was when I saw Fury in front of me.

"Rebekah, listen to me, can you hear me?"
"I'm a monster"