Ultron

Skye had stayed with us for a week when she went back with Phil and the others. There was a lot going on there but I was also busy with the Avengers and looking for Loki's staff.

We were in Scovia fighting through the bad guys so we could get to the building.

I was fighting one when another came up behind me and knocked me on my butt. Just as they were about to hit me Clint took them both out. Getting up I gave him a wave before getting back to fighting.

I listened to them all talking when dad spoke up.

"Wait a second, no one else is going to dill with the fact that Cap just said 'Language'?"

"I know. Just slipped out."

"Dad"

"I know best behavior." We continued to fight them and tried to get to the building to find the staff.

Nat called out that Clint had been hit and I made my way to them.

Dad was working on finding a way in and I got to Clint and Nat.

"He's not looking good."

"Clint is hurt pretty bad guys," Nat told the others. I helped her to take care of his wound the best I could while I heard the others talk.

"And for gosh sake, watch your language!" Dad said.

"That's not going away any time soon." I heard Steve say.

"We need to get out of here." Thor showed up and took Clint.

"Rebekah get back to the quinjet. I will be there soon."

"You all can be so bossy, you know that right?"

"I know." I made my way back to the quinjet and waited for the others as I tried to help Thor stabilize Clint.

"Hang in there, we need to get you home."

"I'm trying." I watched over him while dad talked to Thor.

After a while, everyone got back and we were off back to the tower.

I kept a close eye on Clint making sure he was alright. I had promised the kids I would have their dad's back and I was not breaking that promise.

I smirked at Thor as he failed to make Bruce feel better and then listened to them talk about the staff.

Hearing them talk about the party I rolled my eyes but kept quiet.

Once we got to the tower I followed them with Clint watching as they worked on him.

We asked about what she was doing and as she told us dad came back in.

"He's flatlining, call it."

"No, no, no. I'm gonna live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic."

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference."

"I don't have a girlfriend," he said and then glanced at Nat and me.

"That I can't fix." She went on talking to dad and I tried not to smile and slowly started to drink my drink.

Once they all had headed out I looked at Clint and Nat when we were alone.

"I'm sure Laura will be very happy to know you don't have a girlfriend."

"I know she will be."

"Better keep it that way," I said before walking out.

"When did you become so sassy?" He called out and I smiled.

Steve walked up to me.

"You are in a good mood."