What now

The weeks and following months after our trip were busy with so much going on. Trying to juggle all that was going on in my life was getting a little hard to handle. Working with dad and Pepper on Stark Industries, though mostly Pepper, helping with things at SHIELD, plus helping set up the Stark Expo and dad being Iron Man. On top of everything, dad was starting to act a lot more different from normal. I had no idea what was going on with him and I was also trying to plan his birthday party with Pepper and my birthday as well.

Walking into dad's office he was sitting at his desk.

"Dad, you need to get going if you are going to get on the plane in time."

"Alright, I'm going. Where Is Pepper?"

"Pepper is going to be with you in the air and I'm going to be on the ground waiting for you."

"Well, then I best get going."

"Dad are you alright?"

"I'm fine, I'm Iron Man." He said walking out.

"You have got to stop saying that to me," I called out to him as if he was actually listening to me. I sight and got ready to go letting Pepper know that he was on his way to her.

I walked outside to see Happy waiting.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yes, thank you, Happy."

"Of course" He opened the door for me and I climbed in. He got in and we headed to the expo.

Once there Happy helped me to get into the expo and backstage to wait for dad. I was then in charge to make sure that everything ran smoothly.

I sent the dancers out who were wearing very little and waited for dad to fly in from the sky. Which he did and everyone loved it. Dad talked and intruded on the expo and the video of grandpa before walking backstage. I saw dad pull something out of his pocket and look at it before slipping it back into his pocket before I could see it.

"Well things went well, are you still doing good?"

"I promise things are fine at the moment. I will let you know if it changes."

"You better." Dad left with Happy while I took care of everything else here only to find out about a meeting in the morning from Pepper about dad. Just when I thought I could not possibly have any more to do.

The next day I found myself sitting by Pepper in the meeting wishing that I was anywhere else.

"This is bad," I whispered to Pepper.

"Most likely, you know your father though."

"I know that is what I'm worried about. He's been acting differently lately."

"We will figure it out, sweetie." I listened to them going back and forth and dad not really caring that the senator didn't like him. I mean I didn't blame him, the Senator was a jerk but that's beside the point. Pepper saw Phil and talked to dad a moment before walking to the back where Phil was. When Rhodey was called in I went up to dad and slowly sat by him.

"You know this guy is a jerk, there is something I don't like about him," I told dad quietly.

"I know that's why I have fun at his expense."

The senator and Rhodey started to talk until Rhodey tried to make the senator see the pros and cons and not just the cons before showing some pictures overviews. That was until dad took over the screens.

I tried to hide the smile on my face as dad showed them what was really going on then went off on them. With a smirk to me, he looked at the senator one more time.