Making Amends

Talking to everyone helped but now I wanted to talk to all of them alone to really make sure that they all knew that nothing that I did or had happened was because of them in any way. I went to Mel first because she had to leave soon.

"So you are on a team again?"

"To fly the plane."

"Do you think it is going to stay that way?"

"I don't know, I guess we will see."

"Either way, be safe out there. I can't lose you as well Mel. You are so important to me and I love you. Just make sure you look out for yourself until you trust your team."

"I will don't worry, you need to look out for yourself as well. Even if I am not there all the time I'm still here for you and you can call me anytime you need me."

"I know and I will, promise. I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you as well." We hugged one another and after a moment she pulled back just enough to look me in the eyes.

"I'm also sorry I missed how much you were hurting. I never wanted you to go through all you have but just know that no matter what I am here and I love you, I am so proud of the beautiful young lady you have become. I know you have a lot more amazing things you are going to do."
"Thank you Mel but like I said before none of this is your fault at all. I didn't trust myself to let others in because I didn't want you all to decide I was too broken to fix."

"There is no way any of us will ever think that."

"Thank you Mel I love you. Let me know you get wherever you are going safely."

"You are welcome and I will, as soon as I get there. I love you, sweet girl." We hugged goodbye and she left to make it to the plane she was taking with her new team. Walking around I saw Thor and Bruce sitting and talking.

"Can we talk for a moment?"

"Of course, Lady Rebekah."

"You do know you can just call me Rebekah right? Though it is fun being called Lady."

"I will try to remember that."

"I know we have not known each other very long. But you both have quickly become friends and family so I just want to say again I am sorry for just leaving as I did."

"It really is alright, I took off when it became too much to handle so I do understand Rebekah. I think everyone needs some time away now and then. It is healthy to get away from things when you are feeling overwhelmed."

"It is alright, everyone needs to get away for a trip. Is that what they are called here? Anyway, you truly are one of the nicest people I have met here. You are also welcome to come to Asgard as well. My mother would love you, so do feel free to come if you decide you want to."

"I appreciate that and I thank both of you for being so welcoming and understanding. It is what I need most right now. Though I need to go talk to Nat and Clint I know they are waiting for me."

"They have been worried about you."

"They are always worrying about me. Thank you both for being here though."

"Of course, it is our pleasure."

"Anyone would want to spend time with you, Lady Rebekah."

"Thanks, I will talk to you both later." I left the room and went to find Clint and Nat.

After a few minutes of looking, I found them both in the gym setting by one another.

"Do you want to talk?" I ask slowly as I walk in.