Girls Trip

We were a few weeks into the new year and I was at the office working on my plan to take down Hydra. The tower was being fixed and dad was going to turn it into a place where the Avengers could get together when they did. The door opened and I looked up to see Nat standing there.

"Hi, Nat, what's going on?"

"We are going to have fun this week."

"What are you talking about?"

"You miss work all the time so we are going on a girl's trip this weekend."

"I don't work all the time."

"Yes you do, you are right now."

"Because it is the middle of a workday."

"When did you do something not work-related?"

"Two nights ago I went with Steve and we hung out."

"Spending a lot of time with Rogers are we?"

"Not like that Nat, we are friends that is it. I am just trying to help him understand this new world. It is what the others would have wanted as well."
"Whatever makes you feel better about it."

"Nat, seriously it is not that big of a deal."

"Whatever you say. So I was thinking we would leave Friday afternoon and come home around maybe Wednesday morning, maybe Thursday."

"Where are we going, and who's coming?"
"Somewhere nice, I was thinking of us and Laura."

"That sounds like it would be fun, does she know?"

"Of course, I told Clint he is on kid duty because I am taking his wife."

"Sounds about right. So where are you thinking of going, I know you have an idea."

"Well, we were thinking that New Orleans might be pretty fun."

"You mean Mardi Gras?"

"Technical, yes we want to party all weekend and most of the week."

"Is that so?"

"Alright it was my idea but Laura is on board as well."

"Well, I guess it could be fun."

"Good, make sure you are all packed tonight and have everything you need."

"I will take care of it all." Talked for a little while longer before she left. I finished things I needed to for the day before heading out.

Once home I realized I was the only one there and got started with my packing.

I was just putting my packed bags by my bedroom door when dad came in.

"Are you going somewhere I don't know about?"
"Nat is taking me away for a girls' trip. Says I don't get out and work too much."

"She can keep you safe?"

"I can take care of myself but yes she will keep me safe."

"Well, I guess that is alright you just make sure you are safe the whole time."

"Always do dad." The rest of the night was dinner with dad and Pepper before I headed off to bed.

Friday afternoon found me waiting for Nat and Laura to get here so we could leave. I finally saw her pull up. I put my bags in the back before getting in the backseat.

"I thought you forgot me."

"Sorry I had to wait for the kids and Clint to say goodbye."

"It's fine, I understand," I told Laura.