Seeing Coulson

I had everything ready to go and was waiting when Mel pulled up. She got out of the SUV and walked over to me.

"I wanted to talk to you before the others."

"If you are worried I'm mad at you Mel, I'm not, you didn't know long right?"

"I found out just before I left with the team. Fury told me and then I saw Phil."

"It is him right?"
"It is, they were worried but I have not seen anything really worrying yet other than he knows what happened well mostly."
"Fury has you watching him?"
"Yes he does"

"So tell me about the team."

"Well there is Phil and me, two scientists FitzSimmons Fitz and Simmons, there is agent Ward and Skye who we met on our first mission who used to be a member of the rising tide."

"And Phil wanted to help her."

"You know how he is."

"Do you like her?"
"She grows on you."

"Trip said she was shot, how is she?"

"Doing a lot better now but I guess you will see. Heads up Skye and the scientist, mostly Simmons will probably freak out. They all know I am picking someone up that will be working with us the next few days but they have no Idea who. They will ask about the Avengers."

"It would not be the first and won't be the last. Trip said they seem pretty cool, and I trust him. I guess we should get going."

"Everyone knows where you are right?"

"Yes, I sent everyone a message that I would be working with your team for a week. They all know and trust you so they were not too worried."

"Then let's go."

Most of the drive was quiet and I just set in my thoughts. I was about to see Phil for the first time in almost two years after thinking that we lost him. I was still furious with Fury for keeping it from all of us but I was not going to let that ruin being able to see Phil again.

We got to the plane and Mel pulled up before we got out.

"They were all waiting upstairs except Skye and Simmons."

"This looks nice."

"I will give you a full tour later." We make our way up and I feel more and more nervous the farther we go. As we walk into an open area I see him with two other guys.

"I'm back '' Mel tells them and they all turn to look at us. Phil sees me and we both smile at each other.

"Ladybug"
"Phil" With that I close the distance between us and throw myself into his arms just as I had as a little girl.

"I have missed you so much."

"I have missed you, I'm so sorry Fury kept you in the dark. Mel told me what happened with you and you were the hardest one not to reach out to."

"It's alright, I know now and that is all that matters." I knew I was getting his shirt wet with my tears but I knew he would not mind too much.

We held each other for a few more moments before we pulled back.
"Are you alright now?"
"Yes, just really happy to see you." I wiped my eyes and then gave him a small smile.

"Though now I want to meet your's and Mel's team. After all, you got her back in the field."
"I did, I also heard you have not been in the field the last little while."

"This is the first time I will be back, but it feels right to have my first mission back with you and Mel. After all, you guys trained me."
"That we did, let me introduce you to the others. This is Fitz then agent Ward and Simmons and Skye and in the med pod."