Father-Daughter Moments

As the house in Malibu was a mess and was being fixed up we were staying in New York. It was quiet in the elevator as it went up and no one said anything. Once we were up and the doors opened I walked out and made my way to my room and laid down on the bed, deciding a nap would be nice. Falling asleep quickly after closing my eyes.

Third pov

"I don't think she wants to talk to me, Pepper."

"Well, you can't blame the girl. You have kind of put her through a lot, Tony."

"I know Pepper, I get that."

"She lost her mom, you're the only parent she has left. Then she finds out that you are dying and not even from you. She needs you Tony and she's feeling left out by you. You pushed her away after the trip. We had a wonderful time on the trip and then when we got back you started to push her away. She asked me if she did something wrong."

"I know, I just didn't want her to be hurt if I was not able to find a way to fix me in time."

"She would have been more hurt if you died and she didn't get a chance to say goodbye. She would have blamed herself if you died, wanting to know what she could have done."

"Pepper, what do I do? I don't want her to hate me. I want my little girl to know how much she means to me. I don't want her to be my age thinking I didn't care about her or love her, watching a video after I am gone to realize how much she means to me. I think I know what I need to do."

"Then do it, Tony. Remind her how much you love her and show her."

Tony got up and walked over to Rebekah's room and lightly knocked on the door. When there was no answer he slowly opened the door only to see Rebekah curled up on her bed asleep. With a smile on his face, he walked over to a chair and sat down remembering the times she was a baby and he would watch her sleep.

'Young Tony was sitting in his new daughter's nursery watching her sleep in the bassinet. She was two weeks old and Tony didn't want to leave her alone for a moment. He was not close to his dad but he wanted to be a better father than his. Though he had to admit that his father was taken well with the role of being a grandfather. He adored his granddaughter more than Tony thought his father would. Lilly had moved in with Tony a few weeks after they found out that she was pregnant. That way Tony could be there to help when needed. They were friends for years before they dated and ended up having Rebekah. Even Though she was not planned she was the best thing that ever happened to Tony and Lilly. Tony watched her little chest rise and fall just making sure she took every breath. Once he found out Lilly was pregnant he learned all he could about pregnancy and babies. Tony heard the door open and looked up to see his father walk in. Howard walked over to his son and sat on the chair by him.

"What are you doing?"

"I couldn't leave her alone."

"I know, I get that you want to make sure she is alright. You will find that babies are pretty resilient. They will let you know if there is a problem."

"So many things can happen. I am worried about her all the time and she is only two weeks old."

"I know the first few weeks after you were born I watched you every moment that I could. You know Tony there is no perfect way to be a parent but you can be a really amazing one if you do better than I have. That little girl will be your whole world more than you even know right now. She will always be the best thing you have ever done."

"I didn't know I could love someone so much."

"Just wait until she gets older. That first Daddy, all of the first you will get with her. Don't waste a moment with her. Be better than I was for you."