New Problems

For the next little while, I divided my time as much as I could with work and family but spent a lot of time with Steve. We would go to all of our favorite places, I was teaching him and him teaching me. Plus we both had stories we shared with one another. I had a lot more fun than I thought I would and not after too long realized I was falling for him. But also knew that he loved Peggy and it would never work for us. So I would forever be a friend, the granddaughter of one of his friends.

I was working on things for dad when my phone started to ring. Looking I saw it was Phil.

"Hi Phil, can I call you back in a little."

"Rebekah"

"What happened?"

"Agent Barton has been compromised."

"Where do you need me?"

"We are going forward with Fury's plan for The Avengers. Can you meet us at the water base?"

"I will be there. Do I need to get anyone?"

"It's all being handled."
"I will see you then." I got off the phone with him and headed out.

Once I got out I saw an agent waiting for me and he took me to meet the others.

At the base, I went to the command room and saw I was the first one. Fury was looking over things.

"How bad?"

"Bad, Loki is here."
"As in Thor's brother, Why?"

"The tesseract."

"Of course, that is what he wants, it is what everyone wants."

"We need to get it back."

"He has it?"

"Along with some agents, including Barton."

"We can't let anything happen to him, he has to make it home."

"We will do all we can."

"Are the others here?"

"They should be coming at any moment." They started to get things for us to go up and I stood back watching, that is when I saw them walk in.

"Hi Nat"

"Hi sweets" She responded before hugging me.

"We will get him back."

"I know, we always do." She walked to check things out and I slowly made my way to Steve.

"What do you think?"

"Not what I expected."

"Nothing ever is with them, you will see."

"They are bringing in everyone for this?"

"You have no idea how big this is about to get."

We all walked around and I listened to them talking about what to do. Before Nat left with Bruce.

I tried to help work on the tracking before we got a hit on Loki. I followed the others to the jet.

"You're coming?" Steve asked me.

"This is personal and I don't like waiting on the sidelines. Plus I know how to help fly this thing."

"Rebekah is actually pretty amazing at a lot of things. You will see Captain."

We all got on the Jet and headed off. The ride was not too long and really was not that bad. I was in the back setting by Steve looking things over on the tablet.

"So you have always known about all of this."

"I was born into S.H.I.E.L.D. I guess that is what happens when your mom works for them and your grandfather helped start it."