Dinner with the Girls

The rest of the weekend was not too bad, I had spent most of it with Steve and preparing for the week ahead of me. I knew that I had a busy week coming up and I was ready to see the girls but not ready for all of the work that I had to do.

Monday was slowly dragging on and I was ready for the workday to be over.

I worked on paperwork and mission reports until it was finally time to go. Once I had everything cleaned up and ready to go I headed out to go meet up with Bobby.

Once I got to the restaurant I spotted Bobby and made my way to her.

As I walked up to her she stood up and smiled, once I got to her we both hugged.

"How are you, it's been a while," I ask as we pull apart to set down.

"I'm doing good, How are you though?"

"I'm alright, it's been a crazy few months. I am doing a lot better now though. How's Hunter?"

"We broke up."

"What happened?"

"He didn't like how involved I was with SHIELD. I didn't have enough time for him. Lots of things, really it is take your pick with him."

"I'm sorry, I know you loved him."

"I did, I do, but right now we just don't work."

"Well, I hope you can figure things out soon. I would hate for you to miss out on something because of SHIELD."

"I know, maybe one day we can work but not at the moment. Have you seen May?"

"I was with her Friday night."

"You were?"
"Ya, we have been doing this monthly get-together since New York happened, and we lost Phil. It's been good for both of us I think. It's nice to spend time with her like I used to."

"Has she seen the others?"

"No, but I am working on it. She shut herself off because of whatever happened and just as she was slowly starting to come out of it she lost Phil. They were best friends and I know that there was more there than just best friends. They loved each other and now she seems so lost without him. I want her to spend time with the others in hope that it will help bring Mel back. Not just Agent May but Mel."

"What if you can't find the old Mel?"

"She's in there somewhere Bobbie, I have seen it in little gimps and glances. I know that she can come back to us and I will do anything I can to help her just like she always helped me and everyone else. She never once gave up on me or any of you so I am not going to give up on her ever. She's family and we don't give up on family."

"That's the Rebekah I know and miss. I was not sure if you were still here. I do understand though. You have been through a lot, more than most. Yet somehow you still manage to do all you can for everyone around you and try to make things better for all of them. That is what makes you such an amazing leader."

"Thanks, Bobbie, I love all the people I have now. Things are slowly finding a new normal and all but I miss how it used to be so much."

"You mean how you had the whole team wrapped around your finger and you were able to command a room as a teenager. Because I love seeing you take charge because you are so good at it. I know one day if it is what you want you could lead all of SHIELD."

"You really think so?"
"I know you can. You are doing amazing things now and are making positive changes all around. I can't wait to see what you do next, Plus you are working with the Avengers. That is so big, you are going to make a real difference."