Meeting at Avengers Tower

The following week passed quickly and before I knew it Friday was here. I was at the tower with the other Avengers minus Clint who had left to take care of the kids while Laura was with us. I had everything packed and ready to go.

I was hoping while we were gone I would be able to lock up the box I had opened in my head that was slowly pulling me apart.

Mel was getting Nat and I then we would meet at the private jet that dad was letting us take and Mel would be flying because she was not huge on flying if she was not the pilot.

We were all in the common area when JARVIS told us that Mel had arrived and was coming up. Nat and I made sure we had our things before the elevator opened and Mel walked into the room.

"Hi Mel we are just about ready, Would you like to meet everyone really quick?"

"Sure" we walked over to the others.

"It's nice to see you again Melinda"

"You as well Tony."

"Wait, you guys know each other?"

"Our parents would work together when we were younger. You didn't think that I only knew your mom did you."

"Well, I guess I never really thought about who you all knew. I mean I know you knew Peggy and others but I guess I didn't really put together that you would know dad."

"We used to all hang out back in the day."

"But you never knew Phil?"

"Only by name, they talked about their friend Phil but I never met him until I came back from missing."

"Did you know who he was then?"

"At first no and then I saw you two talking while I was dancing with Pepper and I realized who he was."

"Well, I got to say I didn't see that coming."

"Well, you have had other things to worry about."

"Wait that first day I came to see you and you asked if my dad knew where I was."

"I called Tony and let him know you were with me. I knew that he would be fine with it but that you had no idea we were friends so I let him know."

"It put me at ease to know that when you kept leaving for nights away that you were with Mel. I knew that she loved you just as much as your mother and I do, that she would keep you safe while you were with her. I also knew that she could help you in a way that I was not able to."
"I wish I would have known sooner that you guys were friends. It might have made sneaking around a lot easier."

"The fact that you were sneaking around to hang out with Mel instead of going too crazy parties makes me feel a lot better."

"See I told you that your dad likes that you are not a wild party person like the previous Starks."

"I know I'm boring, never do anything wild and crazy."

"We could change that '' Nat said with a smirk.

"Let's not, I like that she is nothing like me in that way. I am fine if you never want to go out or party or date anything. You can stay here forever."

"How long is forever, because you have created a habit of having our houses destroyed. Plus I technically have my own house as it is."

"I don't destroy all the houses." I gave him a look. "Alright so I have destroyed some on more than one occasion but this one is doing good so far."

"After we had to fix it."

"Ok point taken, at least you have the house from Howard that always gives you somewhere to be. Plus not many know about it as well."