1

CRYSTALS of monsters and men0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

CRYSTALS
of monsters and men
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

A Friday afternoon at Auradon High was easily distinguishable from all other days of the week.

The latter consisted of sulking students trudging around from one class to another, their delicate shoulders drooping dully with the weight of their bulky books, dreading each moment of being in school, confined behind bars that restricted them to all things academic. 

Friday, however, was a stark contrast to this. 

The difference could be felt floating in the cheery air, it could be heard in the roaring laughter that echoed in the hallways, it could be seen flaring in their wide smiles.

It was radiance.

Today was one of these days. 

The bell had screeched in a broken melody not even five seconds ago when the students of Auradon came tumbling out of their last class of the week, scrambling around to huddle close to their friends in groups, some small and others bigger, already escorting themselves out in the open noisily. 

Not a soul there was that wasn't elated at the thought of leaving campus, they had survived another tiring week at school, after all. 

The weekend was at last here and everybody deserved to treat themselves to an evening full of recklessness.

Thus, here they were, Auradon High goers skipping down the corridors with their arms looped around each other's, faces lively and smiles glowing. 

Nobody bothered to hush their voices, carelessly sharing the day's gossip, some reciting their pre-made evening plans while the remaining made new ones altogether.

Amidst this exuberant crowd was Nyx Hayden, the lone wolf of Auradon who walked on her own without anyone by her side.

This scenario wasn't new, it was pitifully ordinary. 

The girl's schoolmates hadn't ever really bothered to make any considerable attempt at acknowledging her presence. They'd gone out of their way to ensure that it was obvious how they didn't want anything to do with her. 

She had tried so much, so hard to make friends with her classmates, exhausting her genuine endeavor to the core till she was left with none, but they had never cared enough to return her effort. 

To them, she was no more than an insignificant face in a horde, so they stayed out of her way as if she were a disease.

It saddened Nyx at first. Nobody liked being the lone wolf. 

She had racked her brain to the last bit trying to figure out what was wrong with her, what was so unapproachable about her that kept everybody away, why was there not even a single someone that wanted to willingly stand by her side?