25

LOVE IS GONEdylan matthew, slander0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

LOVE IS GONE
dylan matthew, slander
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

It had been an exact week since the quartet had been to the ice skating rink - a day that had gone amazingly well but, unfortunately, had ended on a puzzlingly negative note. 

Nyx walked down the deserted hallway with half of her attention fixated upon reliving the memory of how this same time last week, Warren had convinced her and Azriel to give in to his plan of having a nice evening out. 

Now here she was, seven days later, without either of them by her side. 

What made this day worse was the awaiting counseling session that she was currently headed for. She didn't have an excuse to skip it now that the new counselor was here.

Nyx's sneakers tapped against the marble floors rhythmically with every dreadful step she took closer to the place she'd always wanted to escape from. Her gloved hands were hidden beneath the draping sleeves of her baggy flannel. Habitually, only one of her crew socks was pulled up to its full length while the other was left in rolls around the lining of her shoes. 

She wanted nothing more than to turn around and leave, but she knew she couldn't.

However, it wasn't just some compulsion holding the nyctophile back. 

It was an ember of hope of seeing a certain raven-haired boy with the most magical eyes that was pulling her with a force unimaginable.

Azriel had been avoiding Nyx ever since that incident at the rink. 

Every vein in him was coursing in protest, his beaten heart was howling longingly in the pit of loneliness it was trapped in, every mending bruise of his was screaming at him to go back to his person with a healing touch. 

None of these feelings, though, were strong enough even as a whole in comparison to the haunting echoes of the raven monster's resurfacing past.

Damian was a terrifying reminder of it all.

Everything was progressing at a steady rate, the pair's strings had only started tightening, even Azriel had slowly but willingly started accepting his feelings. 

So, Nyx knew that it was something about the green-golden-eyed serpent that had thrown him over the edge, so deep down that back then he could find no way or reason to push back. 

It was dominant enough to have cracked their building shell.

A friendly tap on her shoulder shifted the brunette's attention from her racing thoughts and brought her awareness back into focus. 

Switching off her worries, for the time being, Nyx turned her head to her right to find the source.

"Hello to my favorite bookworm." Warren grinned down at her, his dimples winking.